cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute Shambles

denwyn
Rising Star

Absolute Shambles

Goes from bad to worse, number porting was so slow, with no info at all. I phoned customer service on Monday about 7 0 clock and cancelled my contract under 15 day cooling off period, they did it and said I would receive email confirmation. No confirmation received, account still live, signal still showing on mobile, although it does disappear at times. I have now put in official complaint online and sent letter of complaint to HQ. All I want is the bloody account closed as they agreed to do, not rocket science. Been Plusnet broadband user for years with excellent service, sorry I ever took up the mobile offer now. 

16 REPLIES 16
denwyn
Rising Star

Re: Absolute Shambles

Such a difference, have received new SIM card through Talkmobile this morning, all up and running in 5 mins, just pop sim in phone switch in wait a few mins and it's all go. Just waiting now for Plusnet to close my account.....When they will do this I have no idea....The more I read of the issues the more I think I'm better off without there mobile, just wished I'd left it a few days before I joined and looked on here first....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Talkmobile have been great for me. Their PAYG tariff is particularly good with calls to landlines and mobiles costing 10p for up to an hour. Their rates for international calls (which I make a lot) are also very competitive.

custos
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I can only say that my experience has been much more positive. The SIM arrived promptly, worked straight away and my number transfer (from GiffGaff) went through smoothly with just a couple of hours without a service. I never had to actually phone Plusnet at all. Also the EE coverage it better than I thought it was going to be.

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

The main problem about PAC codes & porting is the lack of understanding of the process.

If you move from one provider who uses EE. to another provider who uses EE & want to keep your number you aren't really porting in the true sense of porting.

You're swapping your number from one part of EE to another which doesn't use the auto-porting system & has to be done manually between the two sections of EE.

denwyn
Rising Star

Sorry but the main problem is now Plusnet Customer Service. After the problems with signal / porting I phoned them on Tuesday night 6.12.16 cancelling my contract under the 15 day cooling off period. They agreed to this and said I would receive confirmation and a £10 credit into my bank, so all sorted...grrrr Far from it. I had the £10 refund next day and cancelled the direct debit from my bank account, no confirmation of mobile account closure received, after checking i saw the account up still running, and mobile still connected. I went through there complaint procedure, only response from them is there passing the issue on to customer service..What a waste of time, it's them that are the main problem, they just don't listen. I have also written to Plusnet  HQ in Sheffield. To top it all, this morning I received an email from Plusnet informing me they were unable to take a payment for my mobile account as the direct debit has been stopped. Fix&/!'g Hell, another phone call, this time the person was a bit more helpful, she checked my account and yes it's still running, it states a request to close it, and aknowlages the £10 credit refund, but she doesn't know why it's not been done. It's now passed on to a manager, with the promise ha ha of an email response on the accounts closure. I've borrowed another mobile now to put the Plusnet sim in to keep checking if signal has been shut off, as I have got a Talkmobile deal now, so easy, put SIM card in phone, switch on, wait 3 mins and it's up and running. Ok I've lost my old mobile number, but I can live with that. I am at a complete loss now what to do next with Plusnet Mobile, surely it's not rocket science to close the account, I have lost my patience with them, so phoning customer service again may not be a good option. Is there anyone else I can contact, besides customer service.

gm4jjj
Rising Star

I concur, it is a shambles of their own making.

As I was not confident that PlusNet had closed my mobile account, nor received any notification by email or text that it was, I cancelled my direct debit. Today I receive an email noting that my DD was cancelled and a payment could not be taken, so my account was suspended.

You couldnt make it up.

PlusNet please try and sort this out, you need to be able to send confirmation if a customer asks to close an account at any time, particularly if cancelling during the 15 day cooling off  period. At the very least I would expect an email, letter or text confirming that the initial £10 payment was being refunded, and I don't think it is appropriate to suspend an account when the customer has asked for it to be closed (twice).

denwyn
Rising Star

After yet another phone call to customer service, someone very helpful listened to me and looked into it. She had no idea why it had not been closed, but promised it would be sorted for me. I eventually received a email with a Your account is now closed message. I've checked mobile and sim is deactivated. Success . Just checked home phone and msg from Life Mobile asking me to take part in customer survey...LOL Think I'll give that a miss, just why are they still using Life name. All very muddled, not much thought gone into planning this at all. Oh and even though I've been with the broadband for years this balls up has made our mind up to look elsewhere in April when contract is up. Plenty of good deals around from what I can see.

hackabusi

Lucky you, at the moment I requested a PAC code on Thursday and I'm still waiting .. its Tuesday ...

hackabusi

@hackabusi wrote:

Lucky you, at the moment I requested a PAC code on Thursday and I'm still waiting .. its Tuesday ...

Finally, its gone through!! away we goooooooooooooooooooo!!

denwyn
Rising Star

After the absolute fiasco with the mobile, I'll be asking for mine after Xmas. If you don't mind me askin who are you looking at for your new ISP.

gm4jjj
Rising Star

Well my mobile account appears still to be open, I can log in to it anyway. Still not a single email reply telling me that my account has been closed (requested by myself twice). Have not got the sim in the phone so don't know if it is active or not just now. 

I am really disappointed by all of this as a long standing broadband customer I would have expected much better service.

Alll I am asking for is confirmation of the cancellation of my account and that actioned. Is that too much to expect?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @gm4jjj

You can still sign into your My Account after your SIM has been cancelled, but if you’re wanting to know if your account is closed and refund on its way to you, please drop us a private message.

gm4jjj
Rising Star

Thanks you, I shall do that.

Best wishes

gm4jjj
Rising Star

Can you please just stop sending me emails about my mobile account that has supposedly been closed. It is so frustrating.