cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abroad

Bluejuwild

Abroad

Hi am currently in Turkey, accessed internet and reached my smart cap so all services suspended (had text). Am now trying to call Plusnet via WiFi calling at my hotel so that I can sort out buying some dat etc but none of the phone numbers work to do this (even when putting +44 in front. How can I contact to do this? Thanks for any help.
Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Abroad

Thanks for your message @Bluejuwild.

We're sorry to hear of the difficulties you've had when reaching us from abroad.

If you take a look here, you'll find instructions on how to add a data bolt on via your MyAccount.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Bluejuwild

Hi, the problem is the data bolts say for use in uk and any countries in the ‘Roam like home’. Turkey isn’t included in that list, otherwise I could have used the Roam like home package instead.
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Perhaps I've misunderstood at least part of the problem, but plusnet don't support wifi calling do they?

+ beware of a reported issue with Plusnet data apparently not working ever again abroad if you trigger you smartcap while abroad.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Bluejuwild

I'm really sorry but turkey isn't covered by Roam Like at Home. Sadly, the providers who own the masts in Turkey charge highly for data which means even increasing the smart cap you will use up your data in a few minutes of usage and hit the cap again. 

Turkey is banding 2. This means that you are charged £8 per MB. Our smart cap maximum is £30. Opening google maps or even doing a few google searches could cost you £30.

I'm afraid @RobC is correct in that we don't support Wifi Calling. Calling us from your Mobile normally is £1.30 a minute. 

To call from Turkey you should still be able to dial 500 from your handset. If this doesn't work, please dial 044 800 079 1133.

We're really sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Kind Regards

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

. If this doesn't work, please dial 044 800 079 1133.

That won't work for 2 reasons one, its 0044 and two,  calls to 0044 800 numbers from abroad are chargeable and wont be allowed since the Smart cap has been reached

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

My apologies that I missed off the additional 0, @Blujuwild.

You should still be able to call 500 for free which bypasses the Smart Cap.

Please find a link which advised you how to make payment online and increase your Smart Cap.

Smart Cap

Kind Regards

Bluejuwild

Ok, so by the sound of it, there is no point increasing my smart cap because at £8 per however many mb means £30 will disappear instantaneously. I can’t dial 500 anyway and there is no point ringing the other number at £1.30 a minute to fix the ability to dial 500 when there is no point in increasing my smart cap. Ok, it sucks that I can’t use my data here or buy it at a good rate, but I am appreciative for all this information given, so that I don’t need to spend the rest of my holiday trying to sort it. Many thanks.