Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to be double charged for Plusnet Mobile

FIXED
grdav
Grafter

About to be double charged for Plusnet Mobile

I've got a ticket in for this, Incident: 190217-000204, but I'm not confident it will be addressed as I've had a live chat which went nowhere really, and they wanted be to email a copy of my bank statement which is a totally insecure way of dealing with that information.  I then had a telephone conversation with customer services who really didn't seem to understand the problem and asked me to check with my bank even though I'd already told them I had actually done that.

My problem is I received the usual monthly email telling me my bill was due and the money would leave my account on 11th March, all good so far, until I noticed the amount was double what it should be; on checking with the Plusnet mobile app I noticed it said January's payment, which is taken out in February, had not been paid, but on checking with my bank I can see that the payment was indeed requested and paid to Plusnet on 11/02/2019.  In the support ticket I've raised I've attached a redacted screen grab from the web page of my bank showing the relevant entry in my online statement. My bank has also informed me that the direct debit mandate reference number was first used in January, where there was no problem, which implies Plusnet seems to have changed the mandate reference from December

I've had no problems with any other Direct Debits, has anyone else had this issue or can some help with this

39 REPLIES 39
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: About to be double charged for Plusnet Mobile

Hello there, 

I'm really sorry for the poor service relating to this. I'd like to help out and get it resolved for you. 

So I can identify the account and pass account security with you can you send me a private message with the mobile number please?

It would be helpful if you could reply back here when you have. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
grdav
Grafter

Hello Adam

I've sent you a private message

Thanks

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me I've got your message and have just responded back to it. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
grdav
Grafter

Adam

I've sent you a further private message containing some extra information just received from my bank

Thanks

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks, we must have messaged each other at around the same time. I've just responded again. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
grdav
Grafter

Hello Adam

I've sent you another private message, but I'm not sure whether I'm back where I started, which is still paying double for February, even though the payment from my bank didn't fail and got to Plusnet.  I just feel like I've gone in a circle

I don't know whether anyone else is having the same issue i.e. the Bank saying it was paid in February and account has been debited and Plusnet saying it failed processing

Thanks, in advance

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi, don't worry I'll stick with this until we've got it sorted. I've just replied back again. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
grdav
Grafter

Cheers, just replied back to you, you are a like a little terrier Smiley

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

No worries, I don't give in easily! I probably look more like a cross between a bulldog and a beared collie than a terrier though Wink

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
grdav
Grafter

Adam, has done a sterling job sorting this out for me

Thank you, again, Adam, the bearded bulldog, allegedly.... Smiley

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Ha! No problem, glad we got that straightened out. Smiley

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dafydd8
Hooked

I have the same problem. Spoke to customer service representative earlier today and he was unable to help, suggested sending copy of bank statement to prove that direct debit had been paid. Pretty unsatisfactory really.

Received this email on 11th January 2019 - COINCIDENCE MAYBE !

You may recall an email we sent back in June letting you know about a small change to the way we process Direct Debit payments. 
The change was delayed due to external factors, but we wanted to let you know that it will now be taking place from 28th January 2019.
There's nothing you need to do, the only change you'll see is where previously you will have seen 'London & Zurich' on your statements, this will change to say 'Plusnet'. Your Direct Debit Guarantee still applies as before.
If you have any questions, please give our friendly, UK based call centre a call on 0800 079 1133 or call 500 for free from your mobile.
Thanks, The Plusnet Mobile Team

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Dafydd8

Thanks for getting in touch.

For clarity, the changes you've referenced above haven't taken place yet, so won't have affected your payment.

I've tracked the account which is linked to your forum account and email address and can't see any billing issues, or contact since some time ago (last year).

If you have more than one account, could you please pop your username across via a PM so that we can investigate this for you?

Just reply here when you've sent the PM.

Best wishes

Dave

Dafydd8
Hooked

Hi Dave.

I have only one mobile account.

The reference on the direct debit has changed in February from that being used in previous months.

From PLUSNET MOBILE

To PLUSNET PLC PAY AC

Are you able to check why this occurred?