Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN Settings

adamjmartin
Dabbler

APN Settings

Hi all,

I've recently moved to PN mobile and am having a few issues getting my phone working correctly. My port took a whille, but I've been told it's now complete however I can't receive calls from certain numbers and I can't forward my phone calls. Plusnet chat provided some instructions on updating my APN settings, however on my iPhone 6 there is no option for updating cellular settings to change my APN settings.

Any ideas or help appreciated.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: APN Settings

The visibility of APN setting is as I understand it down to the carrier, can you see anything here:

Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network?

adamjmartin
Dabbler

No - nothing there which I expect is why I'm seeing issues.

Can another iPhone 6 Plusnet mobile user check if they can access this? I understand from speaking to Apple Support it's something the carrier has to enable.

RJM
Rising Star

@admjmartin

I can access the screen on my iPhone 6s Plus the image that you have posted.

You could try "rebooting" the phone and also removing the sim and putting it back in again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamjmartin - What you say confirms my thoughts regarding the carrier having to enable them, so as you'll need this done in order to make any changes required it may be easier if you phone Plusnet and ask them to update the settings to reflect their network on enable the settings so you can change them yourself.

adamjmartin
Dabbler

Thanks, on chat they didn't seem too able to help, just suggested the APN settings and suggested I contact Apple Support. I'll give Plusnet a call later and see if they can enable it.

RJM
Rising Star

I cannot view the APN  Settings  - as previously that has be "carrier" initiated. 

custos
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

If you search this Forum this matter has been dealt with already for the iPhone. I believe you have an option to reset the data settings and that sorts it out. It is nothing to do with the SIM or Plusnet. The APN is normally set up when you install the SIM and will be titled 'everywhere'.

RJM
Rising Star

As "custos" says you could try the following - hope it works for you:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/No-4G-with-iPhone-6s/m-p/1391979/highlight/true#M385

adamjmartin
Dabbler

Thanks - I've tried this - still doesn't give me access to mobile data network settings , so I'll have to assume they're correct.

Updating my APN settings was suggested by Plusnet support on live chat as a way to get sort calls not getting through to me and enable call forwarding. I'm not sure updating APN is the answer however, as call forwarding isn't supported, and another CSA suggested they disable VM and then re-enable 24h later to fix the issue of some calls going straight to VM.

custos
Aspiring Pro

The APN settings are only required for Data and have no effect on calls. When you say calls are not getting through to you what actually happens when somebody calls you? It sounds to me as if the Porting has not properly completed.

adamjmartin
Dabbler

When certain, but not all, numbers try and call me the phone will ring once then instantly divert to voicemail. I get a missed call alert on my phone. Customer services suggested disabling voicemail for 24h then re-enabling. 

It's currently disabled, so when I try and ring from my work desk phone it rings once then goes back to dial tone.

I agree, I've been told the port is complete but I don't think this is the case.

custos
Aspiring Pro

I think I would be inclined to put the SIM in another phone and do some tests as that seems a very odd effect.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @adamjmartin

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with connecting your calls and @custos is correct APN settings will only affect your data not calls, I do apologise for the misadvice you we're given in this situation. Please drop me a Private Message so I can look into having this resolved for you.