cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A first for me

Maxtoralias

A first for me

As a new customer to Plusnet mobile I must admit to feeling that I've made the wrong decision.
My account was created quickly, my payment taken immediately and my old number from Vodafone was ported across without fuss.
Why should I be unhappy? Well, Plusnet haven't sent me a SIM card and I now have no mobile phone service. Never happened before with any other supplier who at least provided a SIM card first before porting the number over.
And the excuse given - very bad weather. Well, that didn't stop Royal Mail or Amazon delivering during this very bad weather period.
Overall I would give Plusnet 1 out of 10 as they at least set up my account and took my money very efficiently. Shame about the bit that actually mattered.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A first for me

Hi @Maxtoralias

I'm sorry to hear this has been your experience; it's certainly not something we wish for. All of our SIM cards automatically activate within 1-2 working days after the dispatch date, and if you provide your PAC Code during the order process; your number will automatically transfer across within a further 1-2 working days once the SIM is Live. I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and I believe it's something we're able to rectify, so I hope we're able to turn your experience around. 

Due to the bad weather conditions we've experienced, this has caused a delay in deliveries across the country. Our SIM cards are sent via Royal Mail First Class, so we can issue a replacement SIM as quickly as possible. Without any specific account information, I'm unable to look into this further but if you could send me a private message with your details, I'll ensure this is sorted for you!

Apologies once again and thanks for bringing this to our attention. -Ashleigh

Maxtoralias

Thanks for the reply.
My account number is [Removed].
I am still waiting for my SIM card and post normally arrives between 1 and 2PM.
I have contacted Plusnet twice now and aside from being incredibly quick to notify me when my next payment is due and taking an initial months rental, the fundamental part of being a mobile phone provider has proven to be elusive.
I have minutes, texts and internet allowance which are useless without a SIM card.
This is the worst ever experience of a mobile telephone provider I've had in all the years I've had a mobile phone.
I just want a SIM card, not excuses, which seems to escape Plusnet's service team grasp.
The icing on the cake was when the last service team member asked was there anything else they could help me with. A SIM card would be nice.
This is not a first world problem, but I rely on my phone which is now just an attractive brick.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Account number removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand completely, @Maxtoralias

I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience and distress this has caused you. Did you receive your replacement SIM card yesterday? We're not able to discuss specific account information via a public forum, but I can assure you we'll compensate for loss of service once the replacement SIM has arrived/ activated. 

We work our hardest to ensure we can provide the best possible service, and we wish for all customers to receive a positive experience with ourselves. 

As advised, if you're able to send me a private message; I'll be more than happy to discuss your account in greater detail and find a solution for this as quickly as possible. -Ashleigh

Maxtoralias

I received the SIM card yesterday afternoon and thankfully it works fine and my number has already been ported across.
Hopefully the service I signed up for will be the one I receive and will give Plusnet the chance to meet that expectation.
Thanks for the replies you have provided to date.
David
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, I'm very pleased to hear this @Maxtoralias!

I hope you're now able to enjoy our service to its full potential. If there's anything else you need at all, please don't hesitate to drop myself or one of my colleagues a private message on the Community, and we'll be more than happy to help. 

Our Customer Service Team are also a friendly bunch and you can contact them by dialing 500 from your SIM, or via our Live-Chat feature online (https://www.plus.net/mobile/). -Ashleigh