cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Credit searches for one sim only deal?!!!!

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: 5 Credit searches for one sim only deal?!!!!

I have re-raised this problem via the SU support channel to seek an answer.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi yobrox!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

When you sign up online, we do conduct 'Full Credit Checks' and not 'Soft Credit Checks'. Our Credit Checks will show on your Personal Credit File and will go towards your overall Credit Score. As multiple accounts will also have an impact on your Credit File, we advise whilst ordering Sim's online, to not click 'Submit' more than once; this will result in the opening of multiple accounts, all of which will show in the next update of your Credit File.

At present, we don't support the functionality to merge more than one mobile account together, so when ordering multiple SIM cards, this does need to be processed separately. 

I understand you have advised that there was an issue with the website and that this has now been raised with our Operations Team. Rest assured, if this is the case yobrox, it will be thoroughly investigated and any potential errors on our part, will be corrected.

We do advise in the meantime, to contact your Credit Reference Agency, and raise a direct dispute with them. Although we'll investigate our end, this does speed up the overall investigation process. 

- Rebeka 

kitteecatz09
Hooked

Hi again

due to a family crisis I haven't been back on the forum.

My Update : Plusnet did nothing to get the extra credit searches removed! I have contacted Experian and they said they have received no correspondence from Plusnet. The seaches are still there which is annoying.

chances are if I'd had applied for a bank account or credit card due to the number of searches in such a short period of time, it could have been declined. It's now October, due to this both myself and partner are cancelling our mobile accounts.

I am very disappointed with Plusnet in this matter.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi kitteecatz09!

Thanks for getting back in touch!

I'm really sorry to hear about this and I'd certainly like to help. 

If you could send me a Private Message with your details, I can request an update from the Team to find out exactly what is going on with this.

- Rebeka 

yobrox

Rebeka, thanks for the positive tone of your response. Waited to today to reply because promised an escalation call back from support which, unfortunately, has not yet materialised.

Given progress so far  found it ironic that I received mobile welcome email saying "Being the ever so helpful bunch that we are, we wanted to remind you about our top-notch support gang. If there's anything that's bugging you or keeping you up at night (Plusnet Mobile related, of course) then don't hesitate to get in touch."

Let's hope that this promise can be fulfilled. As is well known, the real test of a customer support capability is its ability to address a problem that falls outside the routine, as we have here.

As an update, I had a good call with Experian this morning where we discussed he situation and she told me that there is a straightforward process for companies to request the deletion of checks which were performed in error. I therefore trust that we will be able to sort out my concerns without any delay.

... assuming that the support team do get back to me...

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi yobrox!

I see that you have sent me a message regarding this via Twitter DM. I'll certainly pick this up over there, and help in any way I can.

- Rebeka 

rogerh

I have posted on another thread the fact that I have had very similar problems concerning the credit check process and so far nothing has turned up on my credit record as compiled by Checkmyfile. It seems as though the problems arise when people are putting in orders for sim-only deals often on 30 day contracts. This kind of deal does not really pose any real financial liability for Plusnet unlike a phone cotract which can involve the sending of a potentially expensive handset up front.