cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Credit searches for one sim only deal?!!!!

kitteecatz09
Hooked

5 Credit searches for one sim only deal?!!!!

I was shocked when I checked my Experian credit file to find I had 5 credit searches for just one SIM card deal..

I have rung customer services about a month ago, but no word back. This has lost me points on my credit score and does not look great on my credit file 5 full credit checks in one go.

Back in February On the 18th, I came on the forum to say I had a lot of problems on the website signing up, it kept saying error, I had to re-enter it all again.

There is also a post dated the 30/11/16 they too had trouble signing up.

I want the extra searches removed and had hoped someone from Plusnet would of been in touch.

21 REPLIES 21
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: 5 Credit searches for one sim only deal?!!!!

Hi kitteecatz09!

Thanks for getting in touch!

When you sign up with us, we do perform a credit check on all orders that are submitted, so if more than one SIM has been applied for, more than one credit check will have been processed. 

In order to resolve this quickly, we do advise for you to contact your Credit Reference Agency direct, and raise a dispute regarding this. 

Alternatively, if you send me a PM, I can certainly look into this for you however, I must advise that this may prolong the process and will take longer to rectify than contacting them direct. 

- Rebeka 

kitteecatz09
Hooked

Hi Rebeka

I applied for just one SIM card and as mentioned above I had to contact the forum and your help because I kept getting error messages during the application. There is also another post 30November 2016 who had the same problem as myself. Experian says to contact Plusnet because they did the searches.

I have even phoned your customer services but no response after a month?

I should not have 5  searches for 1 sim card . I will pm you shortly

regards

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi kitteecatz09,

I'll await your PM. 

- Rebeka 

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Hi @RebekaPreston  Could this problem be related to the recent problems with on-line orders failing near the end of the process?  Users report multiple debits being processed, so presumably each failed attempt will have made a credit search?

From the OP

Back in February On the 18th, I came on the forum to say I had a lot of problems on the website signing up, it kept saying error, I had to re-enter it all again.

If the errors on the Plusnet ordering system have caused the Credit Score to be reduced then it is probably a Plusnet responsibility to get the entries amended.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kitteecatz09
Hooked

@MauriceC thanks for your response on this matter, there was a technical problem near the end of the application. I only applied for the one SIM card. I have contacted Experian and they said I must initially tell the organisation who did the searches.

on my report they are all highlighted in red, plus they are full searches and not soft searches. If I'd applied for a credit card or loan at the same time,  chances are it would of been declined, due to the number of searches.

This is not my fault and up to now Plusnet via their telephone customer services have not helped me.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Hi @RebekaPreston any chance of a response to my question in post #5?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Thanks @RebekaPreston

Two things:

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

kitteecatz09
Hooked

Thanks for help on this matter @MauriceC  @MisterW I have uploaded a screenshot and you can see the five searches, just click below on IMG below.

strangely enough it did it on 2,separate days? But I know I only did the application on one night.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Not forgotten just waiting for the 5 working days for a response from the Operations Team to elapse.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I have received an update 

yobrox

Regrettably it seems these problems are continuing, some time after this thread was started. Yesterday I tried to order 2 sims, for myself & my wife. I encountered failures every time at the late stages of the orders, only once in 3 attempts receiving advice that my order had been accepted. After the 2nd failure I had a chat support session which led me to make the 3rd (and first apparently successful) attempt. After further discussion with them I had a final go, in the hope I would have 2 successful orders completed (as an aside, why can't I put 2 sims on one order !!!!).

Result: CREDIT CHECK DECLINED! Because Plusnet had made 4 checks within a relatively short time...

I have emailed and this morning phoned support. I expect Plusnet to accept responsibility to contact the credit reference agency and have this black mark removed as it results directly from Plusnet system failures.

It is passed to operations. This thread does not fill me with confidence.

And by the way, apparently the first 3 attempts all resulted in successful orders Angry