Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g data disconnection and slow reconnection issues

FIXED
z80dan

4g data disconnection and slow reconnection issues

Hi,

I've been having regular 4g data issues since moving to PlusNet mobile...

The phone will regularly disconnect data in strong signal areas (so, my 4g data icon has a little cross next to it). Switching aeroplane mode on and off seems to force a reconnect and data is working again.

Disabling 4g and forcing the phone to use 3g only seems to stop this from happening. Not ideal though as I'm regularly in an area where 4g is the only option available. Besides, I'm paying for 4g and want it to work reliably Smiley

Connection happens very slowly. The phone connects to E then 3g and finally 4g - each step much slower than I've seen on other mobile networks.

The phone is Wileyfox Swift and was previously used on Three with no problems - very fast 3g and 4g and much faster to connect. I've tried all the usual fixes - network settings reset, APN clear, entering a new APN manually. None make any difference.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Would a replacement SIM make any difference here? Or is there some underlying issue with the PlusNet network?

Cheers,

Dan

3 REPLIES 3
SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Re: 4g data disconnection and slow reconnection issues

Fix

Hi @z80dan

thanks for getting in touch today, I'm very sorry to hear you're having some issues with your data.

While we can't always guarantee a full 4G signal in all areas, this certainly doesn't sound right. 

As you've tried all of the usual trouble shooting we'd recommend it may be that there's an issue with your SIM. 

If you drop me a message we can look into getting a new one sent out for you :). 

z80dan

I'm happy to report that a replacement SIM means I'm having better luck staying connected to 4G data - a week in and I've not had the old problem of data disconnecting (regardless of signal strength).

Still having one issue though - data availability at the local train station. I'll raise that in another forum thread though!

z80dan

Turns out I spoke too soon! I had the issue yesterday afternoon. My phone showed 3/4 full signal bar, 4g and a small cross next to it. Data was dead. My wife is on PlusNet too and was with me - same signal strength and working data.

After switching aeroplane mode on and off the phone finally reconnected to 4g. I guess the next possibility is something up with the phone.