4G or not 4G

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: 4G or not 4G

What gets me is if your 'operations'

1. require examples to be within 48 hours

2, Don't look at things until the end of the 5 day SLA - if then

These examples are always going to be rejected as 'out of date' aren't they?

All that aside from not actually getting back to the customer anyway ....

Got my PAC

Off back to o2

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @RobC,

As long as the examples are from within 48 hours of when we sent them to our operations team, then our operations team should be able to use these. I'm sorry to hear that you have decided to leave us and I wish you all the best with your new provider.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
RobC
Pro

@EmilyD wrote: Hi @RobC, As long as the examples are from within 48 hours of when we sent them to our operations team, then our operations team should be able to use these.
@MasterOfReality wrote:

The reason behind the 48 hour restriction is due to the amount of time that we are able to historically check for service affecting issues on an individual account / handset basis. 

Thanks, 

MoR

so what is this limit to the amount of history that can be checked?

Bleakers64
Grafter

Hi Gandalf or any other staffers,

I am presuming that if you have a 5 working day response from your technical team, then that means a 7 calendar day before you get a response.

To me that means an update on Wednesday?.

Just checking

Bleakers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Bleakers, that's correct we should have an update on Wednesday.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobC
Pro

@Gandalf

SLA's normally limit the maximum time to respond (I've written and managed quite a few).

Although I understand that some do run it to the wire far too often (normally the shoddy ones you need to get rid of, 

Don't you mean you will update BY Wednesday at the very latest.

Do you have an escalation process for repeatedly failed SLA's - or have you been left toothless?

- LOL don't answer that, and despite how it might seem - I do sympathise with those at the blunt end with ineffective (supplier) management.

These issues have been going on since the very start (of BT's involvement). Long past time they were addressed.

Its been a shame to see a once good name dragged into the dirt by BT.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/01/new-uk-customers-plusnet-mobile-left-without-4g-data-a...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Unfortunately I can't say definitively whether we will have an update on Wednesday as we'd be relying on us receiving one in the first instance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobC
Pro

Then you are saying your 'SLA' with your 'ops ('people in the same building' as responded to in a prior post)

is worthless?

and that the 5 day mentioned so often is just Bull fodder?

Effectively a fob off?

If you answer NO please justify that response in some way.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If we've not received an update this doesn't mean that we won't do anything, we'll be chasing for one. We just can't chase for an update while we're still within the lead time we've been advised of. It's also worth noting that the 5 working day SLA comes from our suppliers not Ops.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobC
Pro

@@@@Gandalf wrote:

It's also worth noting that the 5 working day SLA comes from our suppliers not Ops.

Doesn't matter whether its inter or intra business.

The supply chain delivery must be managed and controlled and any (especially recurring) failures addressed.

This aspect does seem to be regularly if not exclusively failing to deliver in any meaningful way,

and you as the front facing 'face' of the Plusnet brand do not seem to be managing their failures on behalf of the customer and the PN brand.

example: If they dont get back to me. I dont get back to you.

Do you or PN management think that is acceptable? It does seem to be what IS happening.

Bleakers64
Grafter

Hi Gandalf and staffers.

So we’ve gone past the end of the working day (as commonly accepted) and I guess since you haven’t sent a message that you haven’t heard from your ops team?
Can you let me know when you may hear or give me an update on progress?
Thanks
Bleakers
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Bleakers64,

I'm afraid we do not have an update from our ops and MVNO teams just yet. I've sent a chaser email off to our teams tonight for an update and to see where we are with it.

I am sorry for the length of time this is taking to be resolved and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Bleakers.

Sorry I received a response directly from MVNO to my own mailbox on 12/02/2019 as opposed to the process of the response going to our Ops team to forward to my team group mailbox and as I've been out of the office for 2 days I've not been able to check until now. Sad

I can see their reply advises that they've investigated this and believe the problem to be resolved as you are now correctly provisioned for 4G services. Can you reboot your phone handset letting me know how it goes please?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bleakers64
Grafter

Hi Gandalf,

I had in fact seen that my service had gone up to 4G on the 12th.  Not sure what time exactly, but midday onwards it kept and held steady.

It's good to know that its not the handset at fault, but intrigued to know what is meant by 'now correctly provisioned for 4G services'

Does this mean that new users don't automatically get set for 4G? That's not good....

Can you explain what the phrase means in more detail?  Did it not have a setting right on the database or what?

And it may seem a little churlish, but I asked for the update despite from yourselves knowing that the 4G service had arrived as a reply after the 5 days SLA  was what was inferred by all the previous exchanges.  (including exchanges with Rob C) Your MVNO team didn't follow the process, maybe if they'd sent to you and cc'd the team mailbox?

Regards

Bleakers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm glad to hear your 4G service is now working. Unfortunately we've not been provided the details regarding what was wrong apart from the fact that the issue has been fixed for you. I can confirm that everyone is automatically provisioned on 4G from sign-up to Plusnet Mobile, in your case there was simply a fault which needed correcting.

Apologies for the inconvenience this had caused. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet