cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G or not 4G

Bleakers64
Grafter

Re: 4G or not 4G

Hi, it had been stable a couple of days on 3G, but today it’s lost service altogether, been 3G, Edge, E, nothing.

whilst it has a slow connection, that’s maybe ok and not getting 4G a nuisance but when it drops all connections, that’s no longer funny.

Details sent to Mads.

This is getting disappointing now.

Bleakers

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Bleakers64 wrote:

Hi, it had been stable a couple of days on 3G, but today it’s lost service altogether, been 3G, Edge, E, nothing.

whilst it has a slow connection, that’s maybe ok and not getting 4G a nuisance but when it drops all connections, that’s no longer funny.

Trouble is you have no idea if it just you or a 'real' service issue as they dont update the service page. presumably because the techs 'in the same building' (yeh right) don't update anything.

The only notice you get is if you look on the EE service page and its an EE wide and not a PN specific issue.

We've seen loads of reports here, and massive telephone queues with the call centre knowing about issues

- but sweet fanny adams on their service page.

atrocious.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Bleakers64
Grafter

Ok, so 24 hours on, private message sent with details.

Sadly no response from anyone saying thanks for the info, that’s great, we need more etc, very disappointed.

I‘ve also sat with my works iPhone SE next to mine to compare. This is running on Vodafone.

Above, I was referred to go into settings / mobile data / mobile data network.

On my works iPhone, this menu is available and I can go in to change the APN etc.

However on my own iPhone SE with the Plusnet sim, the menu above to change APN etc is not available and clearly restricted by EE.

So, it’s clear that advice being given is being hampered by EE’s settings? This should be known by any support teams, surely?

I’d love to be able to tell my friends and family about the good deals, and as I said one sim has been fine, but this is not great...

Looking forward hopefully...

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Bleakers64, I am sorry for the delays in getting back to you. I have sent you a DM. Thanks

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Bleakers64
Grafter

Hi Lauren, I did reply not long after you messaged me?

The phone has been patchy today dropping to no service and GPRS around SY38XQ. 

This is getting very frustrating 

Bleakers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Bleakers64

Apologies that you're still experiencing issues with this.

Unsure what you've sent Lauren via PM as she's not in the office tonight, but if you haven't sent these yet can you PM me 3 examples in the format advised here including the make/model of your handset and the alternative handset too?

The examples would need to be have been done in the past 48 hours for our suppliers to be able to investigate.

If you've already done this let me know and I'll get this added to the morning handover tomorrow for your private message to be picked up as soon as possible. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bleakers64
Grafter

Gandalf, sent you the details of examples via PM.

however phone details:

mine is is an iPhone SE 

my my wife’s phone with the other PN sim that gets 4G is an iPhone XR

anything else you need let me know 

Bleakers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the detail, I've filled out the usual webform and e-mailed it over to our operations team. I've noticed though that 2 of the examples you've provided are out of date (over 48 hours old) so this is likely going to be rejected. If you can PM me 2 further examples I'll get them added to the email, this will cover our backs and help ensure that there is no further delay in getting this investigated. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bleakers64
Grafter

Hi Gandalf or any other staffer,

Any idea when I might hear back from anyone.  Today at SY38BB, only managing E, so very slow on data.....

Thanks

Bleakers

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, the examples got pushed back to us for the reasons Gandalf mentioned, if you can provide us with 3 more from within the last 24 hours then reply back here we'll be able to get that escalated for you. 

Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Bleakers64
Grafter

Seriously?

And how long would it have been before anyone let me know?

So you want them within the last 24 hours and exactly what do you need?  Do I try and get data every half hour for 3 hours?....

Once an hour try and send a photo via whatsapp?....

This is so frustrating, esp as above getting asked to change setting in a part of the OS that I cant get to as EE control it? 

If I wasn't a BB customer so getting mates rates as well etc, I'd be off, just now...

Bleakers

Bleakers64
Grafter

And Gandalf had 3 instances that were all within 48 hours when I sent them?.....

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Bleakers64@

I've spoken with Gandalf and we're currently waiting on a response from our operations team.

It takes up to 5 working days for a response I'm afraid.

We will be in touch soon.

Kind Regards

Bleakers64
Grafter

I am somewhat bemused, you are waiting for a reply which could take 5 days from submission, or it’s already been pushed back?

You can’t have both really?

For the absence of any queries, 3 new instances:

7 February: 15:00 : SY38BB : data, Safari, WhatsApp, Shpock. E or Edge only

7 February 18:00 : WV45PZ : data, Safari, WhatsApp, Shpock, no service, then GPRS

7 February 22:00 : SY37TH : data, Safari, WhatsApp, Shpock, E only

please move this forward

Bleakers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

To clarify, I emailed our operations team on the 06/02/2019 with the extra examples you’ve provided me via PM, and this would’ve been sent to our suppliers MVNO team. The SLA we hold with them is 5 working days I’m afraid. I’ll be sure to update you when we know more, thanks for your patience.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet