cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G+, is it coming?

FIXED
Mahidr2000

4G+, is it coming?

4G+ is the speed that BT/EE use for 60mbps - 90mbps download speeds. As plus net is owned by the BT group I believe you should offer faster speeds like BT/EE to attract more customers plus existing customers such as I will be very happy to have double speed or 4G+. So, I hope for the customers sakes you increase the speed further which I know for a fact will make people happy.
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: 4G+, is it coming?

Not a scooby's chance of that happening, PN are the 'budget' end of the family. They're not going to take away one of the biggest pulls of EE. If you really need that speed you're going to have to pay EE prices and not Plusnets.

Mahidr2000

Alright Colin, I understand Sad but it would be nice to see an increase to atleast 60mbps when they include the bandwidth they have acquired at 2017 spectrum auction.
Tags (1)
jogwolf
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Fix
I just moved from ee 60mbps and frankly I don't see that big of a difference anything above 10mbps is fast enough I believe, right now Google speed test gave my Plusnet SIM 22mbps and pay £12 less with the same allowance. I rather have lower prices than unnecessary super high speed.
Mahidr2000

I absolutely agree about cheap deal to the extent that many people are on their phones these days using the Internet, we all do it, and having the speed to do the necessary tasks but also to do the things we love at an instance is what some such as I need. Therefore, if they were to include a 60mbps speed I would be very grateful as well as humble to be apart of the plusnet family because I have broadband and phone with them as well.
Tags (1)
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

'Extra Speed 4G' is a £4 a month add-on with BT, so in other words a premium feature. BT tie you into a 12 month contract too
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55547/~/questions-about-the-bt-mobile-extra-speed-4g-...

VM only offer speeds of upto 40Mbps on it, and they're more expensive than PN and tie you into a 12 month contract.

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/our-mobile-network/fast-4g-data-speeds.html

Whereas Plusnet is a value brand...
adduncan

My phone has on occasion shown that its connected to a 4G+ network, but the speeds definately dont prove it is