cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Stopped Working

BigTrev

4G Stopped Working

I Switched to Plusnet from EE a few months ago and things have been OK (ish), but recently I've noticed that I no longer get 4G on my iPhone 6, only 3G, in areas where I know the 4G signal is strong.

A quick look through these forums seems to indicate that this is not unknown, with the most popular solution often being to just leave Plusnet! I've tried all the other less drastic solutions to no avail (phone restart, network reset, taking the SIM out for an hour etc). I haven't bothered ringing customer services because they have never seemed very tech-savvy in the past when I contacted them about problems with my number port from EE.

I know the problem is with my SIM/account and not my phone because my wife (iPhone SE) and daughter (iPhone 5S) are both on Plusnet and they get 4G when they are standing next to me while I am stuck on 3G. Also, when I put my SIM in either of their phones they only get 3G, and when I put either of their SIMs in my phone I get 4G again.

Has anyone had this problem and solved it without leaving Plusnet?

5 REPLIES 5
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: 4G Stopped Working

Hello @BigTrev, I am sorry to hear about your experience with our mobile sim and apologise for the frustration it has caused you. It sounds like the sim card is not actually 4G enabled. So I can investigate further, please drop me a PM with your full address & postcode, Plusnet mobile number and full name.

BigTrev

Hi Mads,

I PM'd you a few days ago about this - did you find out the problem? I am still only getting 3G, and even that is flaky.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the nudge @BigTrev, just sent you a reply now.

BigTrev

Hey Mads, I PM'd you the info you asked for... should I be expecting to receive a new SIM that will give me 4G access back?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @BigTrev thanks for getting back to me. I can see my colleague Suzanna has done this for you and it can take 5 working days to get to you however it's usually sooner.