Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Slow Upload Speeds

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

4G Slow Upload Speeds

Hi,

Just wondering if others are finding Plusnet's 4G running slow nowadays, especially in the upload direction.  I could put my finger on exactly when the issue started because I don't use Plusnet's data except when I'm out and about in different places with of course different signals and services.

However I have used it at home on rare occasions, and there's no doubt that speeds have taken a terrible hit.

Is this a general problem across the network, affecting just PN or EE as well?

3 REPLIES 3
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: 4G Slow Upload Speeds

I’m on Plusnet mobile and I don’t experience this. Put your postcode into the EE service checker https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice to see if there’s a known issue 

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I’ve not had any complaints from the family Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

No issues reported in my area.  Speeds seem to be variable, maybe it's just one of those things.  A colleague who's on EE via BT mentioned that his upload speed because really bad more or less at the start of the lock down, and at that time we weren't affected here.

I find carrier coverage checkers are not a good indication of data speeds..  For example Three says we have no 4G coverage here, but in fact I've been using them as our main home Internet and we get around 20 meg down and 10 up, served from a mast 12 km away.

In comparison EE says our coverage is good, although the speed is often better that Three it's more variable from day to day.  At it's best it's faster and RTT is much better, so maybe a good signal but more local congestion than Three.