cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3gb mobile data used in one day!

JoniBee

3gb mobile data used in one day!

Hi, I’m new to this forum but am having problems with mobile data usage. I received a text from plusnet on 28th September to say I had exceeded my mobile data. I rang plusnet who said I had used 3gb of mobile data in one day! I was at home and at work for all of this period (apart from one hour travelling to and from work) and connected to WiFi. Plusnet were not very helpful tbh but told me my phone could drop out of the WiFi and start using mobile data. I bought an extra gig of data and the same thing happened. I also have an extra £7.50 of charges on my account. I have now googled the heck out of this problem, switched off mobile data, checked each app individually and I believe that my settings are now locked down. I have also downloaded a tracker to keep an eye on it. I really don’t want to buy more mobile data as it has already cost me an extra £13.50 this month and I am on a low income at the moment due to caring responsibilities. I have phoned plusnet twice and contacted them on twitter and not had a great service. I need data to connect to my bus app so I can get to work! Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think if I bought more data it would happen again?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3gb mobile data used in one day!

@JoniBee, welcome to the forum. Buying data would obviously help, but that's treating the symptom and not the cause. You need to find what application(s) is (are) leeching your data. Some of the data may be down to an OS upgrade but with the appropriate settings you can force it to only do this via WiFi.

Although not specific to Plusnet this article may be of use to you.

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@JoniBee What phone are you using?

JoniBee

Thanks @Anonymous - I should have said that I have an iPhone 5s
JoniBee

iPhone 5s
Anonymous