cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30-day contract upgrade deals and Plusnet customer retention vs new customers

FIXED
craiggrannell

30-day contract upgrade deals and Plusnet customer retention vs new customers

The website has for weeks now had a 20GB/£10 rolling 30-day contract. With Black Friday, this has jumped to 30GB. My existing account enables me to upgrade from 12GB to 15GB for the same outlay—or 20GB for £15 (i.e. £5 more than the Black Friday offer).

I assume from this that Plusnet has little to no interest in customer retention and ideally wants new customers only, but has anyone here had luck getting such a deal through customer services? (It would be absurd to have to leave and then return to get a deal otherwise on offer to anyone new to the company.)

5 REPLIES 5
Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: 30-day contract upgrade deals and Plusnet customer retention vs new customers

Welcome to the Forum,

If you wish to upgrade if you need more data the best way to do it is to call 500 from your PlusNet mobile and press the link to "You are Thinking of Leaving Link " 

You will be connected quite quickly to someone who has the best plans available and knows what they are talking about and will change you to a plan from your next billing date

Let us know how you get on 

Bluecat2
Grafter

Re: 30-day contract upgrade deals and Plusnet customer retention vs new customers

Yes, gad great success, just ask them I swapped upto the 32gb for £10 never hand any issues with similar previous offers either.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for your post @craiggrannell and welcome to our Community Forums.

Apologies for the delayed response. I'd recommend calling us on 0800 079 1133. Alternatively feel free to private message me the following details and we'll be happy to upgrade you to the Black Friday offer. 

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
craiggrannell

Thanks for the reply, @Gandalf—much appreciated. I just phoned the number you mentioned and the tariff change is now in the process of going through.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem @craiggrannell 

I'm glad to see we've been able to renew you onto our Black Friday deal.

Let us know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet