cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 weeks and counting for number port

vector771

3 weeks and counting for number port

Hi all,

I put in a request to port from GiffGaff on the 30th June.  Nothing's happened yet and my GiffGaff account is showing the PAC code with Expiry date: 29 July 2017.

I've called 500 multiple times and they keep saying the engineering team are pushing it through slowly but without any detail what's going on.  They also say they can't commit to timescales (which I understand, but when I asked if it would be days/weeks/months they couldn't comment!!).

Given that it's supposed to take 24 hours this is painfully slow.  I'm also having to carry around 2 phones and have had to pay GiffGaff again to keep service going on my primary number.

Has anyone had similar experiences or is anyone able to give more detail on the port process and what's going on behind the scenes?

Thanks Smiley

7 REPLIES 7
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: 3 weeks and counting for number port

@RebekaPreston  Can you assist please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

The port-in process takes up to 1 working day when processed before 6pm on a weekday or up to 2 working days when processed after 6pm to complete. I understand that this has not been the case for you vector771 and I'm extremely sorry for the delay with this process.

In rare circumstances, if there is a delay with the port-in, it will be raised with our Operations Team to investigate further; we do advise of a 5 working day response to allow the Team to perform a thorough investigation and come to a resolution.

Rest assured vector771, the Team will be working hard to resolve this for you. In the meantime, If you can send me a Private Message, I'll certainly check for any updates with this.

- Rebeka 

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Thanks @RebekaPreston  but from the OP this port commenced on 30 June - is anything actually happening within the Operations team.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

vector771

PM sent. It's been with the engineering team for over 10 working days!
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks, I'll pick this up there!

- Rebeka 

vector771

For everyone's info the reply was the same as customer service on the phone saying that the operations team are working hard... It's now been over a month!!!

Apparently customer service aren't able to contact the operations team so the only option is to wait. I fear plusnet was a bad move :s