cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd sim problems

jonno1

2nd sim problems

I have been with Plusnet for over a year with no problems.

I wanted to get my elderly parents a sim card as they have finally got a mobile and thought make it easy ring Plusnet get an extra sim and make the payments.

But as the second sim is registered to myself I cannot sign into the new sim number as i had hoped could have changed the contact details for the sim.

I thought in the past Plusnet had live chat feature but it just seems to be a chatbot

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: 2nd sim problems

Hi there,

Have you created a new account for your parents or just ordered a replacement SIM for your existing account?

You can’t have two active SIMs on one account so all that’ll do is switch your service to another SIM.

If you haven’t done so already I’d recommend signing up a new account by going here > https://www.plus.net/mobile/sim-only-30-day

Let me know how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jonno1

Hi Gandalf

When I called Plusnet I explained what I wanted to do, they took payment details over the phone and received a sim yesterday. Today put the sim in parents mobile and seems its working. They did not say if it would cancel my account.

Had hoped they could have the Plusnet app on there mobile and check account under there number 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah gotcha, that makes sense. 

What happens when you try to sign into the account via the mobile app on their phone?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jonno1

Hi

It had issues with the password, I will have to try it again when visit on Sunday either with account number and my password?

Maybe should had used a different provider if known.

Think may have to give plusnet a call tomorrow

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @jonno1 

Your password won’t work as it’ll be for a different account. I’d recommend first making sure you can log into their account here > https://www.plus.net/my-account/mobile/jsf/pages/Login.xhtml

If that doesn’t work, try resetting their password here > https://www.plus.net/my-account/mobile/jsf/pages/ForgotPassword.xhtml

Once you’re in their account, try then the mobile app. If you still have trouble, what error do you get?

Let me know how it goes and if you can’t log into their account online at all. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet