cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12M contract but wanting to upgrade

IainTh

12M contract but wanting to upgrade

Just a tad disappointed that since plusnet now don't do 12m contracts that I'm stuck with a dataplan that now doesn't do what i need it to.

I would be happy to pay more. When plusnet did 12M contracts this wasn't a problem.

Ho-hum..I'll get a data only plan and use my dual sim slot...(At least I've found a use for that!! Smiley )

Any idea if PN are bringing back 12M contracts before i go looking?

10 REPLIES 10
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: 12M contract but wanting to upgrade

Hi @IainTh,

I'm sorry that we're not offering 12 month contracts at the moment. We currently offer 30 day rolling contracts and I'm not aware of any plans to offer 12 month contracts. I will pass your feedback on to the relevant team.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Dev
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

is there any chance of changing from a 12M contract to a 30day, since I am now seeing some increase of data allowance available. 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for your post @Dev

This is possible but depending on how far you are into your contract there would be an early upgrade fee.

If you want to do this you'd need to call us on 500 from your mobile or 0800 079 1133 from any other phone

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
IainTh

I was nicely informed that i would need to pay the full contract price remaining to change to a new contract. As there were only 30 day contracts it made no sense... i could just take another contract on 30 days and have increased data. (Original contract plus new one in my dual sim phone)

Happily breaking my leg and being housebound has cured my increased data requirements for a month or so...

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@IainTh  

I was nicely informed that i would need to pay the full contract price remaining to change to a new contract.

That doesn't sound right!

The early termination charges are defined in the t & c as

If your agreement includes a minimum term, you'll need to pay an early termination charge if you or we end your agreement during this time.

The early termination charge will be your monthly plan price to which we apply a discount. This discounted sum is then multiplied by the number of months left of your minimum term.

You won't need to pay early termination charges if you've got a rolling, monthly SIM-Only plan.

These early termination charges are not subject to VAT

Whilst that doesnt actually define the discount that's applied, the fact that the charges are not subject to vat  means it should be at a maximum of 80% of the full price, and I would have expected it to be lower than that!

@MatthewWheeler maybe you could clarify the above

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello Guys,

There should be no termination fees to pay on a 30 day contract, the only time any termination fee would need to be paid would be when cancelling a contract, or moving from a 24/12 month contract to a 30 day rolling contract.

Can you PM me your mobile number @IainTh, along with your full name and address including postcode.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@SammyM wrote:

Hello Guys,

There should be no termination fees to pay on a 30 day contract, the only time any termination fee would need to be paid would be when cancelling a contract, or moving from a 24/12 month contract to a 30 day rolling contract.

@SammyM  the OP does want to change from a 12 month contract to a 30 day ( since only 30 day ones are now available ). What's being queried is the extent of the termination fees ? . The OP seems to have been told it's the full remaining contract fees but I dont believe that can be correct.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@MisterW I've discussed this with a colleague from our mobile ops team and the early termination fee is as we've advised in our terms and conditions. Apologies for the confusion caused by any incorrect information an adviser has provided.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks Anoush.

Its a shame that the mobile T & C dont define the actual discount the etc's are based on, unlike the Broadband & phone ones which state them clearly.

@IainTh i think you can take @Gandalf s apology as to you rather than me. I suggest you try calling again to ask what the real early termination costs would be to go to a new 30 day package

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@IainTh No need to call us if you don't want to, feel free to PM me or @SammyM your details and we'll be happy to see if there's anything we can do to help you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet