Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 month Sim only contract Plusnet

KCes

12 month Sim only contract Plusnet

Contracted until 17th October 2023.
Dont want to move to EE.
When will my plusnt service cease?
Will I incur charges to move to another provider ( not EE)
5 REPLIES 5
jcs1167957
Dabbler

Re: 12 month Sim only contract Plusnet

I switched very recently to Lebara via one of the comparison sites. This was lower cost than going directly to Lebara.

I don't actually use much mobile data or make many calls and I get more than enough for my needs from my Lebara contract. This is actually significantly cheaper than my Plusnet contract even after the initial discounted first three months. I expect to be paying about £4.50 per month (after the initial three month discounted rate) compared with over £6 at the Plusnet discounted EE rate. I have had no bill from Plusnet(so far) who had already moved me to a monthly contract and do not expect one.

Lebara use Vodaphone rather than EE as their cellular network. The Vodaphone signal strength is slightly lower than EE where I live but sufficient. There are web sites where you can see estimates of signal strength at any postcode.

The transfer was very simple. It took just an hour or two for my number to be transferred to the new SIM card.

KCes

Thank you. That's exactly what I was looking at. Need no roaming fees as well as travel alot.
Concerned about any fees involved if I move before 17th October as still shows I'm on 12 month contract
archerry
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@KCes 

Welcome to the forum.

Have a read of this thread (particularly message #50 on page 4):

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Plusnet-Mobile-total-shutdown/td-p/1920026 

I have chosen to move to 1pmobile for our (rare) roaming needs.

Regards,

Alistair

KCes

Thank you
Protech
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

IMG_20230720_160750.jpg

From the plusnet web site

HTH 

You can check out but you can never leave ( easily)