cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 days since joining Plusnet and old number still not ported from 3

ToonGeorge

10 days since joining Plusnet and old number still not ported from 3

I submitted my PAC code to port my number from 3 10 days ago and my old number still hasn't been ported..

I was told that this is because I used to be with Plusnet 2 years ago and there is a problem with the system processing the port of the number.

IMO this is unacceptable.  I'm paying for both contracts and every time I ring, I'm being told it should be done within a couple of days.

10 days later the number still hasn't been ported. 

What is going on?

10 REPLIES 10
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: 10 days since joining Plusnet and old number still not ported from 3

Thanks for your post @ToonGeorge 

I'm sorry to see your number's not ported yet.

Can you drop me a PM with the following information so I can take a closer look?

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
StevieJ
Hooked

Hi Gandalf,

I have the same problem, did you get this sorted for @ToonGeorge? BTW mine has been going for 3 weeks and I am now close to paying again on my previous supplier EE.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Stevie,

I'm sorry to see your port's delayed. To answer your question yes and no. The good news is that I've managed to get an estimated timeframe and I'm assured the problem's in hand but the bad news is that's about it. 

There's a system issue on the backend supplier systems which is preventing some ports from going through if you've been with us before as they're being rejected due to an error along the lines of 'this number's already with us' when it isn't.

The problem is in hand with the relevant team and aiming to be fixed by the end of next week.

Once fixed we'll need to resubmit the port with likely a fresh PAC.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
StevieJ
Hooked

Gandalf , thanks for the reply. Will Plusnet be reimbursing the additional costs to myself and others (in my case £32 x2)? I am currently pondering whether to cancel and move somewhere else.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @StevieJ 

I'm afraid we wouldn't directly cover the costs you've incurred but we can definitely discuss a goodwill gesture once the problem's resolved and your number's ported across. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
StevieJ
Hooked

Thanks Gandalf, How do I cancel without being caught in the middle of the move? Can I simply give my PAC code to another Telcom? and cancel with Plusnet?

Hilldweller

I'm in the same position - 2 weeks after the port was requested, no news.  I was also a Plusnet customer 2 years ago but ever since I moved to Vodafone callers on EE have not been able to phone or text me. 

I tried to get to Vodafone to fix this but they failed, so my move to Plusnet was planned just to get the porting tables sorted.  When the message came that porting failed because my number was already on EE, I was pleased because it showed that I was on the right track. 

Not pleased now.  I ring the call centre every week who are very polite but tell me that the problem is logged, it is with the back office team and no, I cant contact them directly.  I would have cancelled by now, especially since I am paying for two sim only deals, but I suspect only someone on the EE network can sort this. 

I see that Gandalf has replied to similar posts but only with the same information - they know about the problem but can't give a fix date.  This really isnt good enough, I would like a detailed response from the technical team explaining why this is proving so difficult and time consuming to fix.  To me it feels that with access to the right database it should take two minutes to update.

Something less bland than previous responses would be appreciated.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@StevieJ wrote:

Thanks Gandalf, How do I cancel without being caught in the middle of the move? Can I simply give my PAC code to another Telcom? and cancel with Plusnet?

As far as I understand it from discussing it with our mobile operations team, that should be fine.

We'd have to resubmit the port once the issue's resolved which suggests that the port isn't pending, that it's declined so you should be OK to go to another provider however I'd use a fresh PAC rather than the one you've given us. 

It may be worth doing the port first then cancel your account with us. We're expecting the system issue to be fixed next week though and as soon as I've got confirmation, I'll come back here and you can try the port to us (with a new PAC) again.

@Hilldweller wrote:

I'm in the same position - 2 weeks after the port was requested, no news.  I was also a Plusnet customer 2 years ago but ever since I moved to Vodafone callers on EE have not been able to phone or text me. 

I tried to get to Vodafone to fix this but they failed, so my move to Plusnet was planned just to get the porting tables sorted.  When the message came that porting failed because my number was already on EE, I was pleased because it showed that I was on the right track. 

Not pleased now.  I ring the call centre every week who are very polite but tell me that the problem is logged, it is with the back office team and no, I cant contact them directly.  I would have cancelled by now, especially since I am paying for two sim only deals, but I suspect only someone on the EE network can sort this. 

I see that Gandalf has replied to similar posts but only with the same information - they know about the problem but can't give a fix date.  This really isnt good enough, I would like a detailed response from the technical team explaining why this is proving so difficult and time consuming to fix.  To me it feels that with access to the right database it should take two minutes to update.

Something less bland than previous responses would be appreciated.

Sorry to see the issues you've had. Sad If your port is affected by the same issue then as above, assuming no unforeseen issues we expect this to be resolved next week so we can then try resubmitting the port again.

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to get you a detailed explanation as that firstly likely isn't something we'd share as it'd be explaining the finer and intricate details of the way our systems work, also we don't get that level of information from the people working on the problem. I totally get the frustration though when problems drag on with little detail. 

I'll post back next week with hopefully some good news for everybody.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@ToonGeorge@Hilldweller@StevieJ

We've had confirmation that the system issue has been fixed so we should be able to resubmit your ports now.

If you're still wanting to go ahead, could you drop me a PM with the following information?

+Your mobile number
+Your full name
+Your full address
+Are you the account holder?
+Your date of birth
+Last 2 digits of your bank account number
+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
StevieJ
Hooked

Thanks for your efforts Gandalf, hopefully sorted now.