cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access 4G services whilst roaming

FIXED
jennie2710

Re: Unable to access 4G services whilst roaming

I'm using a Samsung S20, not an iPhone. And have had the same issue previously with my S10. All roaming settings are fine and as they should be.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @mgp3m

I'm really sorry to see you're struggling to get 4G in Germany as well. 

I believe you have to make 2 or 3 posts before you can PM, but we're looking at reducing that.

I'm checking with a colleague to see if they're able to manually provide you with the right permission, but in the meantime, try posting again then check if you can PM. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@mgp3m, you should now be able to PM away. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mgp3m

Thanks @Gandalf . I have just messaged you. Many thanks!

battlow

Hello @Gandalf 

I’ve had this issue twice this year - the two times I’ve been abroad since switching to Plusnet..

I was in Copenhagen last weekend and only had 3g for the whole time I was there. I was on Telia. The same happened when I was in Belgium in March where I travelled around a few cities. 

I have an iPhone 11pro with iOS 15.4. All roaming settings are on for 4g.

I am new to the forum.  I was looking for people with similar issues when I came back from Copenhagen and found this thread.

I would be grateful for any help.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

See message #40

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

battlow

Thanks @Townman 

Like mgp3m, I don’t yet have privileges to send a PM, yet.  

Coffeeking
Grafter

Been back to the UK and then back to Holland, still no Joy.

Have completed Gandalf's data capture but I don't think it's going to help as there aren't 15 people here discussing it.

This isn't limited to iphones, and it was at one point location-specific even within one side of Holland, but now covers all of Holland as far as I can tell.

At this rate I'm likely to have to ditch Plusnet - it's just not workable to have no functioning data connection and I have absolutely no confidence on the helpline response after my being unable to call *some* +31 numbers from the UK debacle - several calls ended in "well it should be working, can you borrow a phone?". 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @battlow

I'm really sorry that you've had this issue as well. Sad You should now have the permission to PM me the details I've asked here https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile-Tech-Help/Unable-to-access-4G-services-whilst-roaming/m-p/18715... Smiley

Hi @Coffeeking,

I'm really sorry also for the troubles you've had abroad with no data Sad and thanks for the info.

Based on what we'd seen, the issue looked to have been isolated to iPhones, but obviously the more people reporting an issue, we may see different trends. People are reporting issues not just here, but on Facebook/Twitter as well as into the call centre, so that'll help provide the examples we need to progress the investigation. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Coffeeking
Grafter

@Gandalf any idea how long it might take? I'm burning through weeks without data access now - it's a waste of money to keep paying it just now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

From what I can see @LaurenB's passed your message onto our second line support team this morning, but we haven't got a response back yet. We should do within a couple of days. 

Which roaming networks are showing as available though and have you tried manually selecting through them all? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Coffeeking
Grafter

OK, cheers.

I only ever get attached to KPN here. If I go into network providers and take it off automatic, it shows "searching" but never displays any (not even KPN). If I back out of the menu (after 2minutes of searching) and go back into it, it has automatically been put back to "automatic" and KPN is selected. This behaviour is not like normal, back in the UK, where I can take it off auto and see a list of surrounding providers.

Coffeeking
Grafter

Further to that, I left it for 10 minutes searching and it found KPN 2G and KPN 4G, plus some T-Mobile options.

I selected the KPN 4G option, it registers and then tells me "no service available".

I try on T-Mobile NL 4G - no service available.

Vodafone NL 4G - no service.

If I leave any of them trying to connect for long enough, it eventually tells me it couldn't register on the networks.

TMobile 3G - lets me register and seems to function at 3G speeds, but I've no idea if it will charge me for roaming on that network.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

OK cool. Cheers for the detail!

I've passed that on to our second line support guys and I've also asked them for an update on the progress. 

As soon as I know more, I'll let you know. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JakubJakub

Hi,
I am in Poland at the moment and have the same problem. 3g works here but all the way through France and Germany - 2g only. I'm on Android and never had any problems like this with any other network.
It's not good enough. From the number of posts about this problem and the fact it seems to be like this since at least 2019 (I can see posts on this forum from then) I reckon it won't be fixed any time soon. Shame as I'm happy with you otherwise..