cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet issues porting numbers

Obiwan23
Hooked

Re: Plusnet issues porting numbers

Very similar issues here, I'm a long term Plusnet Broadband customer and already have some family members using Plusnet Mobile SIMs. As my father-in-law was overpaying for his EE contact I recommended he migrate to Plusnet to use the same network and pay less. Naively I thought with both EE and Plusnet being BT Group companies this would mean it was quick and simple.

EE cancelled his contact on 13th April, and he is still waiting for the number to be ported. There was some kind of error by Plusnet so a second SIM was sent out after Easter. Despite multiple reassurances that this would be fixed soon he is now over 2 weeks without a working phone. 

I understand that the issue is elsewhere however as customers only contact is with Plusnet then we are at the mercy of the support team to expedite the issue with all involved parties and solve it. It doesn't sound like reverting to EE or another provider is a easy or quick solution either.

I feel highly responsible yet helpless regarding speeding up a solution to the issue.  If you need any additional information please provide an email address as I am new to the forum I don't think I'll be able to send a PM.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Obiwan23 (Hello there)

I'm really sorry that your father in law's number port to us has gone wrong. Sad

Can you try PM'ing me from Here? I'd need the following info and I'll get it passed across to our porting team for you.

Full name:

Porting Number:

Temporary Number:

Long number from SIM (ICCID):

If that doesn't work, do you have Facebook or Twitter you can message us from? Let me know how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Harryb0807

Just had the below response from Facebook messenger with PN:

“I'm sorry and I fully appreciate the frustrations this is causing. I do appreciate your honest feedback on how this is affecting you and I can completely understand your feelings.

Our team did believe they had resolved the issue yesterday, but the issue is still ongoing and the second line team are manually placing the ports through as customer report theirs have still not completed.

I will personally manage this for you and I would be happy to give you a call once it is resolved to discuss your complaint. Alternatively if you have another number I can reach you on and would like to discuss this now, please get back to me with it.

I sent the details to get yours completed and I will be in touch as soon as its been put through.”
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Harry,

Looks like that was from @SammyM (She helps around our forums as well!)

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
leftfork
Hooked

Re: Plusnet porting number issue

@Gandalf 

I've sent you the details you requested

leftfork
Hooked

I was going to share a link to this forum on moneysavingexpert but someone has already beat me to it - thank you. 

Hopefully other people won't have to go through this very frustrating process. 

My son had an accident at school today and they were not able to call me.  Thankfully he is fine but as has been said many times, if PlusNet knew that that they had an issue with the porting process they should have said this when I first made the application or when they knew they would not meet their 2 day SLA.
I presume that now that this post has been read a number of times staff have been able to pick this up and I got PM privileges but this really could have been avoided.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

The problem here is that an organisation is not to know that something which at the best of times can be protracted is broken until it is seen that it is clearly broken. If resolution is then expected to be prompt it is reasonable that business continues as normal.

Services are only seen to be seriously pear shaped after the event - at which time 20-20 hindsight kicks in, with a presumption that the extent of the failure was fully understood at the beginning.

It is far from ideal, but it is the reality of running big IT - sometimes it will fail and when it does, it does so in a big way.

No IT system is perfect.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Redsuper

I unfortunately do not have PM privileges. Could someone advise me how I expedite issues with my plusnet service (or lack of ! )
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

A couple of nugatory posts should do the trick.

Unfortunately, this third-party forum technology has (at times) some unhelpful quirks.  I believe that after two posts you should have PM permissions, but some users report 3 or 5 posts!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hiya @Redsuper

You can also PM us your forum username on Facebook or twitter along with your full name and mobile number. 

I can also pick it up there Smiley let me know here once you have done this and I will search for it.  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
fumingmad

Unfortunately I am also at my wits end having taken out a new contract last week, several weeks into this know technical issue and these sims are still being promoted and sold, with instructions of how quick and simple the porting process will be despite large numbers of customers still without the telephone number they were hoping to port or any data-the lack of which once away from a decent broadband wifi is almost worse because it means one is completely uncontactable by any other means than a random phone number which no one has.

I have either telephoned support daily or emailed and I seem no closer to knowing how much longer before this is resolved. I am trying to run a business, without my contact number, i have an elderly father an hour and a half drive away, a diabetic partner....I could go on but everyone has something that makes this personally stressful for them and maybe I'm better to break venting my spleen into 5 posts so that I also get PM privileges and the promise that someone will personally resolve this. 

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hiya Guys, 

I believe the issue with PM'ing us on the forum has now been sorted and you don't need to send us a number of posts first. Can you drop me your mobile numbers and your full name so that I can get this sent off for you. 

I am really sorry for the frustrations this is causing and I want to get this sorted for you.  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Malzren

Hello,

I'm also having this issue for some time and desperately need to use my phone.

I've tried the advice given here and contacted the details on FB and Twitter but have had no response. I also can't seem to PM a staff member yet.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hiya @Malzren

Thank you for getting in touch, I really appreciate it and I am sorry for the frustrations this is causing. Can you PM me with your mobile number and the names you have contacted us over Facebook as well as twitter so that I can pick these up for you too Smiley

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I also just wanted to point out guys, you just need to make one post in order to PM us to help you guys get in touch with us over the porting issue.

This may change once this issue is resolved.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team