cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet issues porting numbers

5_9_4_2

Re: Plusnet issues porting numbers

New customer with the same issue, also EE -> Plusnet. Can anyone confirm whether this issue is only affecting EE to Plusnet number porting? The reports I've seen on this forum and elsewhere mostly mention EE. Can we have a vague timeframe for a fix? If we're talking hours / days I'll just put up with it as my number is important to me, if we're talking a week+ I'll just get a new sim from a different network.

Lezta

Also from EE and stuck with a barely functioning phone. It'll be two weeks this week - how broken can this actually be and how much longer am I going to have to wait? I've had the same number for 20+ years so I'm in no desire to do anything to risk losing it by jumping ship at this point but not even being able to give an estimate to the nearest week is really irritating. You don't realise how much you rely on mobile data out and about until you suddenly can't use it. 

As said above - what can we do to push this? Ultimately it feels like it's up to Plusnet to push to get this fixed if it's external but the information coming from them seems very passive. Afterall, they have an obligation to get this switched over in 24 hours per Ofcom rules, and for me it's coming up to 10 working days. 

BJS1664

I have asked a linked question on EE's support forum here and their response is that "the correct process to resolve porting issues is for the recipient provider to manage issues with the incoming port."

So it does appear to be Plusnet's responsibility to resolve this issue...

Harryb0807

I hear you that it’s not an issue with plusnet, but do you not have the power to ask your porting provide to escalate the issue, and get an estimated turn around time?

I don’t see how any issue can’t be solved in 2 weeks time, with correct resource and priority given to the issue.
Richytractor

Count me among those moving from EE having the same issues being ported. No data, number is still the temporary/original SIM number and no update on when this is likely to be resolved. Only been a few working days for me so far but it would be good to have some sort of timescale after seeing some of the cases in this thread going on for weeks.
Babygrumplin

Same issue here, but what really annoys me is that I signed up last week and Plusnet didn't tell me there was an issue with porting.....pretty dishonest i'd say.

profarc

So today my old number is now no longer working. Not sure what’s happening in the background…
Hopefully they’re completing the port properly.
Previously for about a week, my old number was on an eSIM with EE and I was able to make and receive calls.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet porting number issue

Hi @profarc, we're still working on the issue at the moment, unfortunately we won't be able to issue a PAC until it's been resolved so apologies for the disruption that must be causing for you and we're working to get it fixed as quickly as we can. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
liz08077726
Hooked

Re: Plusnet porting number issue

Hi @adamwalker

As I cannot access any mobile internet due to the issue from Plusnet, could Plusnet at least send a free sim with internet allowance for me to use before the issue is fixed?

Plusnet needs to figure out an alternative way to calm customers and solve this issue in the meantime, rather than just telling customers to keep waiting, waiting and waiting.

Ska

Yep.  Same here.   I’m not impressed at all

all I can do is make phone calls on 3G !  No messaging and no data service so can’t access internet on the move  Easy Peasy my [-Censored-]

phoned helpline who just said they were sorry!  No attempt to resolve the issues. 

was with EE and given Plusnet is owned by BT (who also own EE). You would expect instant transfer.  

cant go back to EE as they have closed my account. 

still in my cancellation window so may consider switching to another providet

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.
Redsuper

I also have these same issues. Moved from BT and now have no service, nothing on old or new number and call centre cannot help at all or give any idea when it will be sorted. I am annoyed that this product was sold to me when they were already having problems and I am now paying for a service that they are not providing! Maybe we should all DM the CEO ?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

One understands expectations, but such expectations mistakenly presume that number porting takes place directly between the donor provider and the new provider.  That is not how it works and it is not a simple matter of "transferring" the number.

Number porting is facilitated by a third party across the whole industry and in involves a number of complex processes which not only transfer the number for billing purposes, but also for call routing.

This is not a matter of Plusnet not trying, but one of a third party needing to fix something - Plusnet's support staff only know as much as they have been told by the third party.  Such does not preclude Plusnet's responsibility to pursue resolutions.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Lezta

Townsman, I do understand that there's a 3rd party at fault here - but surely Plusnet can push them for an ETA? If there is a significant issue with number porting (and I can only assume it's significant, as two weeks is a very long time for something to be broken like this) they should be pushing hard for an ETA for a fix so they can tell us what on earth is happening. As it is, I may as well not have had a phone for two weeks. I'm certainly not getting what I'm meant to be paying for and at this point I'm very concerned I'm going to lose the number I've had for twenty years.

There is a point when 'sorry, don't know anything; it's just broken' doesn't cut it.
Babygrumplin

We seem to be missing the point! It's a contractual issue. Plusnet took my money in the knowledge they can't provide the service and it seems they are doing this to everyone who has signed up over the past 2 weeks. They are not in a position where they can just pass the blame. If I was to say sorry plusnet I can't pay you because I'm waiting for someone else to pay me they wouldn't accept that would they😉
Ska

Thank you for your informative reply. Are employed by Plusnet as you seem to be trying to manage my expectations Maybe it’s me having unrealistic expectations about Plusnet. Perhaps not : The paperwork from Plusnet states they will reunite me with my old number in one working day. They sent me a helpful text saying my number would be changed the very same day I gave them my PAC number. great service I thought Then I got another the day after stating the change would be actioned soon. Since then, nothing. If there was a problem I would have expected some sort of message. As there was nothing, it’s reasonable to assume all is well. Not the best start to me, or other new users