Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile number porting issue

FIXED
tempest
Hooked

Re: Mobile number porting issue

Sorry but I still can't send PM's .....there is no facility available when I click on your names!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@tempest, ah could you try now?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tempest
Hooked

Thanks Gandalf, i discovered it was working after I posted that message. I have successfully sent a PM to Lauren at last. 

pieterv
Dabbler

Same issue here. Moving from EE to Plusnet. No port, no data, no texts.

And they knew about this when I signed up!

thelank2000
Dabbler

Has anyone had any success at all with this?

Trying to find out if there is any light at the end of the tunnel or if I just cut my losses.
wrayd2

Exactly the same problem for me. I have contacted Plusnet many times over the past week. Either over the phone or via email. The response that I get from them is always the same. It's not our problem, but the company that does the porting for us. My number transfer, also from EE, should have been completed on the 6/7/22, but still not working for me. I am having treatment for cancer at the moment, and have missed several important phone calls and txt messages. Yes, I could give everyone my temporary new Plusnet number, but that would mean that I would have to sign into my accounts with various departments and companies, but guess what? I have 2 stage verification on my accounts that send a message to my old phone number!!!! I used to work for BT on customer complaints, and you had a time limit to resolve a complaint. Looks like no such system at Plusnet. Yes. Everyone you talk to is polite and apologetic, but totally unable to give you any indication as to what is causing the problem, or how long it will take to resolve it! What is the point of having customer services if they can't help you? I am seriously looking at cancelling my account with Plusnet, as I'm within my 14 day cooling off period, just! But I've been told that I run the high risk of loosing my old number for good if I do. Catch 22 situation then. I asked, who at Plusnet talks or communicates with the people at the porting company, and was informed that they don't talk to each other!!!! Really can't believe that they don't have some way of talking to each other in order to resolve what it would seem through a lot of threads on this blog, that number porting is an all to regular problem. Fingers crossed that something happens very soon, but I wouldn't bet on it!!!!

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @wrayd2, I have responded to you on the thread you've created Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team