cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 'Roam Like at Home' working?

David321

Re: Is 'Roam Like at Home' working?

Hi All,  Apologies if this has already been covered, but I read through this thread and emerged more confused than when I started.  I've recently changed to Plusnet and I'm on the £5 tariff with 1gb data, 500 mins and 1000 texts that was available last month.  On Tuesday, 11 July, I received a text from Plusnet saying 'Good news, your Roaming Access service is now ready to use.  Didn't request this?  Call us free on 500 from your mobile'.  I'm off to Spain next Saturday and my questions are;

-  will my phone work?

-    will any calls / texts / data come out of my allowance?

-  if not, how much will each text cost?  

Thanks for any help and apologies again if I've missed the answer already.

pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Yes,  all minutes,  texts & data should come out of your allowance.  I'm roaming right now on the old £5 tarriff and it's working fine. 

David321

Thanks pkw.  Pleased that it's working for you.  There just seems to be a lot of uncertainty about something that should be straightforward.  I'm more worried about the phone not working at all, which seemed to be a real possibility.   Hope you're enjoying the roaming.

GizmoHKG
Hooked

Hi all,

Many thanks to everyone who replied in this thread. Just to follow up my earlier post, last month I travelled to Italy and on arrival received this text message:

"Roaming charges from and to the EU will be charged same as domestic rate. More info call ...." (etc)

I used my phone as normal and picked up no extra charges, so it seems all is well!