Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent data access

webchuzz
Dabbler

Intermittent data access

Hi,

I've been with Plusnet mobile since the beginning and had no problems whatsoever so far: great coverage and 4G basically everywhere.

This afternoon though, out of the blue, I no longer seem to get 4G anymore and when I get H+ it's intermittent; it is failing to hold a stable connection and I find myself turning off and on mobile data several times for it to work and it mostly doesn't work.

Is there any infrstructure maintenance at the moment or is there something going on with my account?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
DervMan
Dabbler

Re: Intermittent data access

Same here in Bristol, 3G and 4G both dead despite having a strong signal. I see there are some planned outages for today/this week but no mention of which areas.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice should give you some idea (it's not necessarily up to date but it's better than nothing).

DervMan
Dabbler

Thanks for the link, EE wouldn't be affected by a single circuit offline or be reliant on a single provider. I'm assuming Plusnet have a single circuit (in this area) which is why their service is so cost effective, much like GiffGaff do. The outage doesn't bother me, it's something I'm willing to accept given what the service costs. However it would be nice to have better notification around maintenance windows.

webchuzz
Dabbler

Heads up for everyone: I can confirm that I am now able to get 4G signal again. Everything seems to be back to normal.