markcoley
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Can't make calls!

I can ring voicemail still!
GioC
Grafter

Re: Can't make calls to landline!

Good thing I looked this up and found this as I thought it was a prob with my moby. Been happening sporadically for a few days and now landlines totally out.

Ripplyuk
Grafter

Ah, so can I 😅. At least something works. 

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Topics merged.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Good job I have dual SIM, at least I can call landlines via O2.

Thank goodness I don't rely on being able to contact landlines via Plusnet/EE.

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jogwolf
Dabbler

And EE/plusnet supposed to be the biggest and most reliable network in the UK they should give discount to all of their customers for the inconvenience because this is unacceptable.
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Ha, it took until the 2nd page for someone to mention compo, I was betting on page 1.

And it's EE's network, not Plusnets

Colin_Maybe
Pro

Mines back up and working. Edit: scratch that.
jogwolf
Dabbler

Haha! It's only fair to ask for some sort of compensation I mean what are we paying bills for lol

Edit: still unable to make landline calls.
ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro

@jogwolf

Compensation is 1000 minutes to landlines only.Cheesy

Getting engage tone still for landlines but mobiles to any network have been fine all the time.

Colin_Maybe
Pro

Yeah, I spoke too soon about it being (fully) fixed. I could ring our landline without actually picking up which I thought was a good sign but I had to ring home when I was out and got the engaged tone twice out of three calls despite nobody using it. The one that got through was the 2nd call so obviously not sorted after all.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Looks like it's fixed now as I can call my landline successfully.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
DrHfuhruhurr
Hooked

I too couldn't make calls to landlines this PM. Thank goodness that I kept my old O2 mobile account rather than port the number over as I had intended. That still didn't save me when I was out of O2 coverage and had to make an important call to someone who was apparently out of Plusnet/EE coverage, even though I know they usually get good reception where they were located, but should have been available on landline. Very poor show.
ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro

Had a SMS from EE at 19:12 tonight saying the issue has now been fixed, unless anyone here knows otherwise..Smiley

Tried a couple of landlines and this seems to be so.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@LivRobinson wrote:

Once we have an update, I assure you we will let you all know!

Thank you for your patience on this - Liv

Why has PN not bothered to give an update on this? when EE put updates out across varies channels before 6 pm last night, informing customers service should be fully restored by 6 pm 

Twitter https://twitter.com/EE/status/917790909307281408

Update: service should be fully restored for everyone by 6pm.

From ISP review : https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/10/major-uk-outage-strikes-ees-mobile-network-albeit-most...

Marc Allera‏, CEO of EE, said:

“At 10.30am, our network team became aware of a problem with calls to and from landlines and across some mobile connections. A number of our customers found that calls to and from landlines and across some mobile connections were not going through.

This was due to an error on our interconnect platform, which is responsible for moving calls around the network. Our engineers have been hard at work ever since we became aware of the problem. We’ve been rebooting the landline-to-IP interconnect across major switch sites, which should restore full service by 6pm.

I can confirm full service has been restored. I know that this has made the day very difficult for some of our customers, and for that I’d like to sincerely apologise.”

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.