Did you mean: 

Vodafone Email and Broadband Service Removal

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Vodafone Email and Broadband Service Removal

Morning

In 2012 we acquired a number of customers from Vodafone and continued to provide their email and broadband services under the Vodafone at Home banner.

Our licence expires soon meaning we'll be stopping these services. We'll be contacting effected customers over the coming days to advise of the changes and what they'll need to do. Our licence expiry is 31st January 2018, so there's time to do everything you need

I've provided some FAQs below to further help those effected, but please feel free to contact us for any further details.

Why are we doing this?

We’re unfortunately having to close these services as our licence is soon to expire, and after 31st January 2018 we'll no longer have the legal right to continue providing the services.

What happens if I don’t do anything?

You will lose the emails and your broadband connection will be disconnected.

When is this happening?

Our right to use this expires on 31st January 2018. We’re giving you plenty of notice so that you have time to create a new email address and save or transfer all of your emails, as well as a chance to migrate to Plusnet to avoid losing your broadband. We'll send you a letter in the post, and a final email reminder in January to make sure you don’t forget to take action.

What do I need to do?

We recommend that transfer your emails and contacts to a different email account, or save important information as soon as you can, and certainly before 31st January 2018.

If you’ve already got Plusnet broadband then you can use (or set up) your Plusnet email address. Alternatively there are some brilliant web-based email providers, such as Outlook or Gmail, that are free to use.

To migrate your broadband to Plusnet please call our Customer Options Team on 0800 432 0200 and they will take you through the process of creating a new Plusnet account. Once this is done we will handle the rest behind the scenes.

How do I save or transfer my emails?

We’ve created a step-by-step guide to transferring your emails to a Gmail or Outlook account. If you’ve chosen a different email provider, you should follow their guidelines;

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Blogs/bg-p/plusnetblog

If your new email provider doesn’t support email transfer, we’ve created some instructions on how to forward the emails from your Vodafone account to your new address.

How do I get in touch if I need help?

You can speak to one of our advisors by calling 0800 432 0200, chat to us online or as always we're here on the community.

Thanks

Louisa

Louisa