cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails not reaching virgin media inboxes

ericthebold

emails not reaching virgin media inboxes

My new plusnet account sends emails ok to hotmail, for example, but nothing ever reaches my buddies using virgin media (ntlworld) email. HELP !
3 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 36

Re: emails not reaching virgin media inboxes

I correspond with an addressee who has an ntlworld.com address and she's never had any problem receiving my messages.
If you copy the same message to a hotmail and ntlworld address, if the hotmail copy arrives but the ntlworld one doesn't, I think that points to a problem with your buddies accounts rather than Plusnet. Are your messages arriving in their spam folders? Or are their spam settings set to discard mail classed as spam? Or perhaps they operate a "me first" policy where they only accept mail from an address they've previously sent to? (Do you receive mail they send to you?)
Hope those suggestions help.
David
David
ChrisL
Grafter

Yes, my sister has had to whitelist my address in her Virgin account (blueyonder).  All my emails were being classed as spam, and she wants to dump spam without further ado.  Never did get to the bottom of why her account didn't like my messages -- other Plusnet users could send to her without problems, and I could by using Webmail.
Hope this helps.
Chris
ericthebold

both....nice one thanks.
the same message sent from the plusnet account to both hotmail and ntlworld does get to hotmail but not ntlworld.
Therefore, I agree.....may be something to do with spam filter settingst at the ntlworld end. Will check it out and let you know how it goes.
Cheers........