cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where has all my "spam" gone?

ianthescot
Grafter

Where has all my "spam" gone?

I used to get quite a lot of false positive spam when using postini which I then logged onto and forwarded. Now I don't get anything (doesn't come through as marked or unmarked) and logging onto Ironport quarantine shows no spam at all. Any idea where my false positive emails are now going as they seem to have disappeared somewhere!
2 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 36

Re: Where has all my "spam" gone?

Is it simply that IronPort identifies these types of message correctly (as genuine) and they are delivered to your Inbox? So you can't find false positives because there aren't any.
Messages marked as [-SPAM-]  by IronPort should be delivered to your Spam folder (if that is the setting you chose in Manage My Mail) just as they were with Postini. However IronPort has significantly reduced spam volumes - I've received 5 in 3 weeks since migration compared with 10-12 a day with Postini. I haven't had any false positives.
David
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Re: Where has all my "spam" gone?

I haven't received any spam to my regular mailboxes since going over to Ironport and even the catchall, which used to have about 30 per day now only gets about 5 and they are all marked as spam