cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden Receipt of Quarantine Notifications into Catchall Account

Beran
Grafter

Sudden Receipt of Quarantine Notifications into Catchall Account

On a private PlusNet account, I have suddenly received 11 quarantine notifications all into the catchall account. All are addresed to different (madeup) names. I haven't had any notifications into this account for ages, thinking about it I haven't had any in our business accounts for a while either.
Looks like something has be changed in the Quarantine system. Is this related to this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,73171.0.html
8 REPLIES
Beran
Grafter

Re: Sudden Receipt of Quarantine Notifications into Catchall Account

Wow, someones done something! Now up to 70+ in my home catchall, and also getting notifications for my business accounts as well (not just the catchall)
What happened?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Beran
Grafter

Jelv,
I've seen the other thread, but my question is mainly about the catchall account. AFAIK the catchall has previously only sent a single quarantine message for all the various addresses (see the thread linked from the first post). It seems this has suddenly been changed to send one for each address. Had our business account still had this enabled, I estimte we would have received several thousand quarantine notifications (which in itself could be regarded as SPAM!)
Community Veteran

I've just checked the notifications I've received and would concur with your observations. I have multiple emails, each for a single address; previously I'm sure they would have all been in the same email with all the addresses in that horrible URL link to the quarantine server.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

could be something to do with this http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1243008823.htm maintenence to fix a fault next Tues
Beran
Grafter

Looks like I'm not the only one to have a problem with this (http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,76668.0.html)
No posts from PlusNet staff in eather thread, any chance someone can explain what they are going to do about this? They have gone from a position where Quarantine is unusable on catchall accounts to .... Quarantine is unusable on catchall accounts. Progress, I think not?
Community Veteran

Would http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,76668.msg616066.html#msg616066 work for you?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

HI guys,
We've had a problem open on this for a few days now (ref: 57120). We're hoping to roll out a fix at some point on Monday. I'll give you a shout once this has been done...
Edit: the fix has since been rolled out.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵