cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports of two missing emails, need advice

oliverb
Grafter

Reports of two missing emails, need advice

Talked about email changes at work and I've heard that two important email messages may have gone missing. One should have arrived yesterday evening.
I've raised a ticket with headers from messages from the affected organisations, as I don't know how to interpret the ironport header entries.
Not sure how to investigate something that isn't there though?
4 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Re: Reports of two missing emails, need advice

Have you checked the 'Spam' folder on your account as you seem to have this option enabled from what I can tell?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

oliverb
Grafter

I haven't personally checked as its not my mailbox but I'm confident that the spam folder was checked. Other messages have turned up in "spam" previously while Postini were filtering.
Just to clarify things: the mailbox in question is used by my boss, Vincent. He's the actual account holder but I look after the account settings and catch-all. Its done this way so he recieves billing notifications directly. I'd rather put it in my name as it'd be less confusing when getting support but to do that I need a way to set a BILLING CONTACT name and address on the business account.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

There are two copies of the billing notification sent out. One goes to postmaster@username.plus.com the other goes to the contact email address set up on the account. Can you not use that to configure it so that you both get copies?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
oliverb
Grafter

Yes thats roughly how its set now, but IMO its a fudge and it means that unless I remember to select otherwise support ticket notifications go to him instead of me. Even my community forum account somehow got his email address until I realised and fixed it.