cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quarantine - the mystery deepens

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quarantine - the mystery deepens

Tonight I have received an email notifying me of two quarantined emails. It was sent today (Friday) at 21:10 and contains details of two quarantined emails which were received Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:18 GMT and Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:58 GMT. In the notification email is a link to View all quarantined messages - if I follow that link I can see the two quarantined emails.
The link in the notification email is (with bits I've replaced for security reasons in italic):
https://quarantine.plus.net/Search?h=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&email=mailbox%40username.plus.com%2Cab%40username.plus.com%2Ccieh%40username.plus.com
where mailbox is the name of my catch all mailbox. The two email addresses at the end are the emails addresses that the two spams were sent to.
This is where it gets interesting. If I log out of IronPort and then log in again using mailbox@username.plus.com (i.e the same as the first email addresses after email= in the URL) I cannot see the quarantined emails!
So, even though I know that there are emails in quarantine, logging in to the quarantine system as instructed by Plusnet cannot see them! Sad
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Quarantine - the mystery deepens

I've now had a second quarantine email for the same catchall mailbox. Again I can only see the quarantined email if I follow the link - directly logging in to IronPort still doesn't show anything.
The interesting thing with this one is that it says that it is emails quarantined since the last message yet the time on the quarantined email is before the first quarantine email was sent so it should have been on that first email.
Community Veteran

I've now received several quarantine emails and in all cases if I follow the link in the email I can see the quarantined emails, but if I log in to the same mailbox directly via https://quarantine.plus.net/login no emails are listed.
This is broken - when is it going to be sorted?
Community Veteran

Finally I can see a quarantined email via the IronPort login. The difference is that the email address the spam was sent to is the same as the mailbox name - in this case it's the default mailbox username@username.plus.com.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

I believe this addresses some of your concerns? The one thing that I don't like the sound of though is:
Quote from: jelv
The interesting thing with this one is that it says that it is emails quarantined since the last message yet the time on the quarantined email is before the first quarantine email was sent so it should have been on that first email.

Is this still happening?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Veteran

Haven't seen it again since the quarantine emails were being sent at 6am as they are supposed to be.