Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quarantine, aliases and domains

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quarantine, aliases and domains

The Spam Protection Advanced Guide says
If you want to log in to quarantine without using the email notification go to, https://quarantine.plus.net/
Enter your username and password.
The username is the full email address that you want to check, the password will be the one you use for that email address.

Does that mean that I have to log in to the quarantine system separately for fred@username.plus.com and fred@mydomain.com?
Even though emails for both addresses end up in the same mailbox, will I get a single combined daily email, or an email for each domain?
How does this work for aliases - will it just be one daily email and a single login to the quarantine system for each mailbox, or one for each alias?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
4 REPLIES
cynicalone
Dabbler

Re: Quarantine, aliases and domains

Quote from: jelv

Does that mean that I have to log in to the quarantine system separately for fred@username.plus.com and fred@mydomain.com?

The answer is yes. All unique mailboxes, require a unique login, but the password will be the same. As a domain is seen by our systems as independent, despite the physical storage being the same, this means that you will have distinct quarantine spaces.
Obviously the next question you will want to ask is why can't we have the same quarantine space. Well we could configure the system that way, but it would incur an increased risk at this stage. It is something we could look at for a future phase, if there is a great enough demand, but changing this would also limit the scope for future options.
Geoff
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

How does this work for aliases - will it just be one daily email and a single login to the quarantine system for each mailbox, or one for each alias?

I believe aliases are rewritten to the underlying mailbox which would mean there would be one daily email per mailbox (although you might get more if you have more than one domain on the account).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Could you confirm if this is right please.
As I have Edge Protection off on two of my domains I would be expecting to see some quarantined emails but I haven't seen one yet. I use only aliases as my email addresses, the name off the mailbox itself is NEVER used as an email address so if spam for the aliases is not stored under the mailbox name that would explain why I am not seeing it.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Could you confirm if this is right please.

Will try and find out for you jelv. Bear in mind that we've a problem with the notifications at the moment that's causing them not to be sent. Neither will you receive a notification email if you haven't had any mail quarantined.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵