Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem 54433 - Aggressiveness set to '0'

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Problem 54433 - Aggressiveness set to '0'

Heads up that we're about to roll a fix for a problem we identified last week where a number of customers had their spam filtering aggressiveness set to '0' (which isn't a valid setting).
This was the case for 800 of the 1000 or so Quarantine users we have so I'd appreciate it if those using Quarantine can keep their eyes peeled and let me know if they notice any significant changes following this fix.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Problem 54433 - Aggressiveness set to '0'

Ha!
I spotted that mine wasn't set over the weekend and set it to 1 myself!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
fishter
Grafter

I set mine to 1 at the weekend after I noticed it wasn't set to anything.  I was exploring the Manage My Mail tool to see what the migration had changed.
However, I'm not getting any (!) spam.  Either I'm missing false positives, or Ironport's doing it's job.
Cheers,
fishter
PS: I got a quarantine email this morning - totally unreadable without using HTML mail.  However I suspect this is rather low on your priority list.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Just for the sake of completion, the fix for this was rolled live without any problems.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Capvermell
Grafter

Like other former Postini Quarantine users I originally had the zero strength spam setting after the Ironport migration but changed it to a spam filtering strength of 5 and am not having any issues at all with false positives ending up in my IMAP spam folder.
I am now using the IMAP Spam folder rather than the Quarantine option because as a free email account customer I cannot view all the mail in the Quarantine folder at once and so would only have the option to get the daily emails with then notifying me only of the latest items added to the Quarantine folder.  I prefer to view all my spam together every few days when I have time and then sort by sender and subject to see if there are ever any false positives that need Whitelisting and moving to my Inbox.