cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postini Quarantine replacement - Would this work?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Postini Quarantine replacement - Would this work?

One feature of Postini was that all the quarantined emails for a domain were in one place - this was particularly useful for keeping the spam away from children. On IronPort, if using quarantine the kids will get an email with a link they can click which will then send them the quarantined email.
Anyone any comments on the following idea?
1. Create a new mailbox specifically for receiving spam.
2. In MMM change from Quarantine spam to Move to an existing Mailbox and select the newly selected mailbox.
The problem is then how to deliver false positives without them being treated as spam again. So:
3. In webmail or your mail client configure it so that when you send mail it uses a special unique sending address, e.g. spambox@username.plus.com
4. In MMM whitelist the special email address
The one minor drawback is that false positives will be forwarded with the sender being the special email address (not released from quarantine and hence arriving unmodified). When replying you would have to be careful to put the original senders email in to the to box.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Postini Quarantine replacement - Would this work?

Just had a thought. When forwarding the false positives to their intended recipients I could do so as an attachment which would keep the existing sender.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Re: Postini Quarantine replacement - Would this work?

Pretty good idea that Jelv, especially if you're wanting to retain the 'parental control' aspect of the old Postini catch-all Quarantine.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵