cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing migration notification

oliverb
Grafter

Missing migration notification

As far as I can tell account "coaxial" has been migrated to the ironport system.
I'm not aware of a notification to this effect, and I've checked the support pages to see if an email was sent and cannot find it.
I'm not objecting to the migration (pleased so far), just a technicality that you did say you'd be notifying each account as they were moved, or at least that's how I interpreted the announcement.
11 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Re: Missing migration notification

I think (though could be wrong) that the email notifications are sent out separately and can be 24 hours  (or was it 48 hours) after migration.  How long since you where migrated?
Phil
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Yes, that's right Phil. Tuesday morning's batch was actually missed though as we had a problem with the dataset. I'm trying to see if there's a way to recompile a list of the users migrated that morning and if there is I'll send the email out to them. Those migrated yesterday will be emailed today.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Fixes: 101

I'm assuming I was a Tuesday one too as my headers are showing mail has been through IronPort but I didn't get any notification.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

My mail seemed to be going through IronPort for over a week but I've had no notification Shocked
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 36

@artmo
Your migration was done during the UserGroup test phase a month or so ago; the notification emails are being sent only to those migrated since last Thursday.
David
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: oliverb
As far as I can tell account "coaxial" has been migrated to the ironport system.
I'm not aware of a notification to this effect, and I've checked the support pages to see if an email was sent and cannot find it.

The email won't appear on the support pages as I sent it using a third party mailer. I've checked the dataset from today and can confirm that an email was sent to the coaxial account around midday today.
Quote from: Bob
Yes, that's right Phil. Tuesday morning's batch was actually missed though as we had a problem with the dataset. I'm trying to see if there's a way to recompile a list of the users migrated that morning and if there is I'll send the email out to them.

We've manages to recompile this list so I'll send the emails to Tuesday's batch tomorrow. Due to the way the query's been run this might also include some of the pre-migration trialists.
Quote from: adiewoo
I'm assuming I was a Tuesday one too as my headers are showing mail has been through IronPort but I didn't get any notification.

Yep, just checked. You were migrated on Tuesday.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

Fixes: 101

Thanks Bob, I got my email just now  Smiley
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yep, I'm half way through sending them! Cheesy

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 36

PUG Moderator's note.
The long string of off-topic posts have been split off into Sore Fingers!.
David (spraxyt)
David
jmd
Grafter

I have not  had notice that I am on Ironport .
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@jmdlp, the notification was sent to your postmaster address on the 28th November according to my records Undecided
Edit: I can see why you've not received it - You've switched off your .f9.co.uk and .force9.co.uk email addresses which is where the notification will have been addressed to.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team