Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of the mx.cores to new load balancers

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Migration of the mx.cores to new load balancers

Some of you may have seen the Service Status I posted earlier this afternoon about the migration of the mx.core platform to new load balancing equipment.
This change is quite a significant one for anybody that understands the way our email platform is set up. Once the work is complete mx.last.plus.net and mx.core.plus.net will point to one of two load balancers. Both of these load balancers are then configured to point to the same set of 22 mail delivery servers. This means that there will no longer be any differentiation between the mx.cores and mx.lasts. Historically, the mx.lasts have always had much higher mail queues and been subject to a higher volume of spam messages.
mx.last and mx.core will continue to exist in name, but in actual fact they will point to the same place. The queues across the mx.cores and mx.lasts will also start to look very similar.
The vast majority of customers aren't going to notice this, but those interested in the finer technicalities will probably want to bear this in mind moving forwards.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

1 REPLY
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Re: Migration of the mx.cores to new load balancers

This work was completed successfully earlier this morning.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵