cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Yahoo blocking mail from Plusnet?

pd
Grafter

Is Yahoo blocking mail from Plusnet?

On Friday night I posted an email to one of my yahoogroups and yesterday morning my friend (also with Plusnet) posted to the same group. Neither email has made it to the group.  Mails from other users who are with different ISPs have got through.
7 REPLIES
windfarmer

Re: Is Yahoo blocking mail from Plusnet?

i have had trouble with yahoo emails not getting through. i suspect that yahoo have blocked plusnet emails because plusnet has got itself on a uce protect blacklist. maybe yahoo subscribe to it. i have also had trouble with emails to myway.com because of the same reason. we just have to sit back and wait for the ban to be lifted - may be a long wait?
Tony_W
Grafter

A test message from my PlusNet account to my Yahoo.com email address was put into the Yahoo 'Spam' box.
Although the may not be blocking totally, they are considering our email as spam.
Can PlusNet contact Yahoo and remove our 'Spam' status?
Tony
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Just sent a one line plain text e-mail from my default PN address to my yahoo.com address, it was there in the Inbox in a split second.
Tony_W
Grafter

It seems that yahoo.co.uk is still blocking my emails - a reply to a customer enquiry.
I have had to duplicate them using an 'emergency' Gmail address.
Tony
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

From my PN address to my Yahoo.co.uk address - received in seconds - in the Spam box.  Sad
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran

Sent test email to my yahoo.com box and it still hasn't arrived...
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Quote from: 4Candles
From my PN address to my Yahoo.co.uk address - received in seconds - in the Spam box.  Sad

Likewise, the headers don't really give an indication as to why the message was considered spam either.
Quote from: Chemical
Sent test email to my yahoo.com box and it still hasn't arrived...

I've not got a .com Yahoo addy and I don't think you can sign up for them any more. Presumably these messages aren't getting filtered to the spam folder then?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵