cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ironport not working?

Adam1V
Grafter

Ironport not working?

I've been told i've been moved over to Ironport (which is fine), except we're now getting alot of spam coming through.
When I log into Ironport all I see is the search box, and cannot see any spam messages listed.
I've gone through all the spam settings and its all switched on, set to #4 for aggresive.
Am I missing anything?
Account name: bridges
5 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Re: Ironport not working?

Probably the result of this which was fixed today. Would be interested to know if this is still happening at this time tomorrow?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Adam1V
Grafter

we're still not seeing anything in our quarrantine as of yet, dispite checking the settings 100%.
I have raised a ticket though.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The example emails you've provided us with have all been sent via the old Postini system and haven't been scored high enough for Postini to consider them spam. As per my post here this will cease to happen soon.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

Adam1V
Grafter

Bob, thanks for your reply.
Im a bit confused, I could have sworn I saw an email to say the account had already been switched over to the Ironport system.
I guess I will have to sit back and see if IronPort picks up these emails then Smiley
Thanks for your help.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Adam, your account has been moved across to IronPort. A common trick by spammers though is to send email directly to the lowest priority MX record associated with your domain. They do this because there's less likely to be spam filtering on the lower priority servers. A spammer will have done this when you were on Postini and will have 'cached' Postini's server address. Because they still have this information they're able to continue sending you messages via the old system. This will stop when Postini is switched off during the coming weeks.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team