Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IronPort config changes

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

IronPort config changes

Heads up that we're about to trial an alternative configuration of the IronPort anti-spam appliances we use to filter customers' mail.
[quote author="Service Status"]Planned anti-spam platform maintenance - Wednesday 2nd September 3.00pm-5.00pm
When's this work happening?
This afternoon.
What does it affect?
The delivery path of incoming email.
How long will it take?
About an hour.
What does the work involve?
We will be making an alteration to the configuration of our anti-spam appliances on the recommendation of our email security vendor. This will involve placing an additional 2 anti-spam appliances alongside the existing servers. One of the existing servers will then be placed behind the two new appliances. The purpose of this work is to find out whether or not this alternative configuration can offer us a more efficient use of hardware.
Is it likely to cause problems?
No, it shouldn't do. There's likely to be a very small delay in the delivery of customers' email as the change is made however this will not be noticeable.
Is there anything else I need to know?
Yes, you may notice some additional received headers in the email that's delivered to you - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-mail#Message_header
Kind Regards,
Bob Pullen
Customer Support

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

2 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: IronPort config changes

Does this mean that more mail will go to the black hole, I hope not, had enough trouble with that in the past and even Bob couldnt find it
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Re: IronPort config changes

My understanding is that at the moment it's simply there to see if we can change the current hardware config to make it more efficient, so you shouldn't notice major changes in the delivery of your mail.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team