Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IronPort and Madasafish

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

IronPort and Madasafish

Evening all,
Heads up about the following that I've just posted to the Madasafish Service Status pages:
[quote author="Service Status"]Title of Message: Planned Email Platform Maintenance - Wednesday 18th February 9:00am-12:00pm
Created:
17/02/2009 @ 17:25
When's this work happening?
Wednesday morning.
What does it affect?
Email delivery and anti-spam filtering.
How long will it take?
About three hours.
What does the work involve?
We will be changing the route that inbound email takes so that it passes through our IronPort anti-spam platform -
http://www.ironport.com/technology/ironport_antispam.html
Is it likely to cause problems?
No.
Is there anything else I need to know?
You are likely to notice a marked reduction in the volume of spam that reaches your email account following the completion of this work. As the work involves making a DNS change please be aware that it can take 24-48 hours before *all* inbound email is passing through the IronPort platform.
Kind Regards,
Bob Pullen
Customer Support
Basically we're upgrading the Madasafish anti-spam platform. What that involves is putting the IronPort boxes in front of the Madasafish email platform like we did with Plusnet prior to Christmas. This is a pre-requisite before we're able to migrate the Madasafish mail platform onto the Plusnet network.
Outbound Madasafish email is already smarthosted through the IronPorts in the same way Plusnet email is.
Email that fails IronPort's SenderBase checks will be rejected (bounced with a 5.x.x server response by legitimate mail servers). This will result in a visible reduction in the volume of spam that arrives in Madasafish customers' mailboxes.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

1 REPLY
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Re: IronPort and Madasafish

Now that all Madasafish email should be coming through the Ironport platform we're going to block direct access to the old Brightview mail servers. I expect this to be done at some point today.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵