cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked outgoing email - no action from ticket support for over 20 hours

goodanew

Blocked outgoing email - no action from ticket support for over 20 hours

I am in the privileged position of being able to see both my mother's PC desktop and the email she is sending to me on it, and of course my own incoming mailbox, side by side. Recently we have noticed that email sent via my mother's plus net broadband connection [via relay.plus.net] to my personal email address is being blocked every time. Email to other addresses is getting out without obvious problem. I have confirmed identical behaviour if email is sent from the plusnet webmail interface. I receive other significant email perfectly satisfactorily to my personal email account [other ISP] so it is clear that blocking relates specifically to plusnet in some way. Until recently there was no problem using my personal email address from plusnet. I am disappointed not to have received any response to the ticket I posted about this issue yesterday afternoon. I hope posting in this forum may prompt some action.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Blocked outgoing email - no action from ticket support for over 20 hours

It would help if you posted the name of the ISP that is refusing to accept the mail so that others could confirm if they are seeing the same thing.
Any chance of posting the contents of the bounce/rejection?
What did your ISP say when you asked them why they are refusing the mail?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Hiya,
Like JElv says, the bounce message would be quite helpful and I'd also be interested to hear why the other ISP is blocking email being sent from your Plusnet account.
goodanew

The problem lies with plusnet, andnot the receiving ISP [who have confirmed that no mail is reaching them]. The issue relates to plusnet NOT SENDING TO MY DOMAIN . Subsequent testing shows that plusnet is failing to resolve the mx records in my domain's zone file even thought they are perfectly accessible to many others! This is surely a plusnet problem.
  [my personal email address]
    all relevant MX records point to non-existent hosts or (invalidly) to IP addresses
------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------
the email adress and domain in question have been reported to plusnet staff via ticketing system - there is as yet no response after 40 hours
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

As you've since found out, the issue was with the non-compliant configuration of the domain's MX records. Regarding the question you raised about alternative SMTP ports, this is likely to become a possibility when we remove our current relay platform, send outbound email directly to the IronPorts and implement SSL.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵