Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppose I should say Hi

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Suppose I should say Hi

Finally made the move over to the new forums after some time off so thought I'd say hi to those who don't know who I am .

I'm Paul and I deal with phone and broadband provisioning, I've been here for a year and a half. Feel free to spam me your phone number related questions especially when porting between providers. I also handle a large chunk of our FTTP orders at present so feel free to drop me a message if you have any questions about that or the setup of your service in general.

I'm an avid gamer and you'll usually find me on RocketLeague or Battlefield, if I'm not gaming I'm playing drums Cheesy

12 REPLIES 12
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Suppose I should say Hi

Hi DarkFire! Good to see you here Smiley

We are thinking of getting a plusnet vs community rocket league tournament going so you're welcome to join in! Here is the thread

As for Battlefield, thats my main game and I still play BF4 most evenings.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I guess it's an age thing but I never really got my head around BF3.

After playing COD for a few years I spent most of  my time on BF3 running around looking for someone to shoot Undecided

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Try a real FPS game, CS:GO Wink Takes actual skill Tongue

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Skill I don't have hence my time with COD.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

BF3 was great for jets, but nothing compared to bad company and then the old battlefields were epic, new ones are a bit watered down but still fun, and get out of here with your CSGO

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi Darkfire - welcome to the Darkside! Funny

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi Paul, nice to see you about here after your longish break Wink

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks guys 

Should be back to my usual active self from today

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

who are u again ? Cheesy

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

He's a very friendly helpful chap Smiley  I see his job title has changed somewhat Wink
He's usually trying to sort out Provisioning/Ordering issues Thumbs_Up

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I do try to be helpful, friendly depends on the amount of coffee I have consumed Tongue 

Still around somewhat trying to pick up any complicated provisioning issues, I like a challenge Smiley 

quickbrew
Rising Star

Hi Paul - Darkfire,

Is that your gamers name. ? 😊
Glad to have found you in the intros as you sound like someone I may need to talk to if I dont go live as anticipated on 14th Feb as this is the day Sky tell me they are cutting me off.

I do have concerns reading so many 'Plusnet Facebook Faults' regarding new clients switching from other ISPs to Plusnet who are told about delays due to no ports being available at their cabinet having to wait up to 5 days downtime waiting to go live on phone and FTTC broadband and it not being Plusnet's fault.

Clearly when/if such a situation occurs the customer has absolutely no interest in whose fault it is.

I am a 70 year old disabled pensioner so if it is within your remit, I would be grateful if you will keep an eye on me to assist in as non-disruptive a change over as possible.

I must say you 'staff' do all seem to be such a friendly lot - that reassures me greatly.

Kindest regards
📞😊📞😊
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity.
An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.