Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New starter waves hello0

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: New starter waves hello0

Yes perhaps so @RobPN  but with wanting a higher speed which PN could not provide along with the BT hub which from the reviews I have read give a better WIFI performance....

It is a shame and I have said as much but I found myself locked into that FTTP trial which is certainly capable or providing a much higher speed. 

Have I had to pay more yes, but I was already paying less anyway so more than happy to be paying my dues. Having said that I did sniff around for a special deal but none was on offer. Do such deals indicate that provision is not up to scratch well maybe, and certainly in my case although I fully understand was it is not.

No beef with Plus Net, I just hope BT can bring home the bacon. 😊

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Minivanman wrote:

No beef with Plus Net, I just hope BT can bring home the bacon. 😊

Fair enough @Minivanman , but you might not be able to afford as much bacon if you're giving BT more of your cash.  Cheesy

Although having said that, depending on what speed you've elected for, BT seem to be cheaper than the competition (at least the ones I've compared).

Do you mind saying what speed you chose?

Good luck with the changeover etc.  Thumbs_Up

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Not at all @RobPN - I've gone for the 74Mb download speed, 'stay fast' Guarantee 34Mb and an upload speed of 20Mb.

Bit of a price hike for us at £32 a month but with our community zoom meetings and eight grandchildren with their must have smart phones plus ipads plus all else trying to log on, the plusnet set up even though it was FTTP set up at the 20mbps speed they were only able to provide (and often less) was just not coping. 

I understand that the WIFI might have been an issue and that's fine, but not everything can plug directly into that hub gubbins.

Oh yes, and I also get my copper (now standby) landline back at no extra cost whilst still being able to use VoIP.  You may recall that PN wanted to charge me and extra £18 a month for that even though I was on fibre. 

Is there a better and cheaper way to provide what we need well maybe, but to be honest it all gets so confusing at times that it drives myself and the Mrs round they twist - and don't get us started how E.ON are managing/trying to charge us daytime rates for night-time usage. They must think we have a cannabis farm running 24 hours a day! 

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville