Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New starter waves hello0

nufclad147
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

New starter waves hello0

Hi all new to Plusnet just awaiting my go live date 14 july...I defected from Talktalk having been with them 15 yrs since they bought out tiscali customer base in take over...Basically was having issue with their latest wifi hub x 2 had me doing all kinds tests jumping hoops after a month turned a nob their end an restored my issue. I wont hold grudges they served me well more ups then downs but I felt the time to leave was here  that an I was lured by Plusnets carrot of £70 gift card lol

Not only that but I feel big things are coming to baby BT errr I mean Plusnet so feel the time to jump aboard the ship has arrived. I plan when activated and new football season kicks off to take advantage of Plusnet £10 BT sport App package outstanding value I already purchased my chrome cast all part of a bigger plan for when my beloved NUFC get into the champions league with this Saudi cash coming our way lol. Looking forward to a future see how BT and Plusnet developed the Youview products and packages.

So I look forward to a great relationship with Plusnet hopefully reliable service I did before signing up look to see what kind help community was on offer and  I seemed to be well catered for in support dept.

So just awaiting for my Home one Hub to arrive which I may get crafty an arty spay paint that front bezel  carefully remove it first dont want to damage internal doings with paint, or source and configure a BT Hub 6 that is more aligned to my living room decor... I have dark decor in living room that white box will stick out like a flamingo in a nunnery 

So I have arrived look forward to my go live date 14th july  bye for now Plusnetters

17 REPLIES 17
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: New starter waves hello0

Welcome @nufclad147 to the forums.

Been years since I had to get a PlusNet router, but then (and I am sure it is the case now) the boxes are designed to be posted through your letterbox. All I had to do is fit the UK extension onto the AC adapter, which takes about a yoctosecond to be honest.

So you should have no problems about your property.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Welcome to the forum @nufclad147

If you think the Hub One will stick out you ain't seen the blue light on it yet, it's got 2 settings - bight and very bright 😀

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome aboard @nufclad147 Cheesy

Let us know if there’s anything at all you’d need help with 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's nttote(s):

Thread moved from General Chat to Introductions.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@Browni wrote:

If you think the Hub One will stick out you ain't seen the blue light on it yet, it's got 2 settings - bight and very bright 😀

Other 'hidden' settings are available with the use of this (or you could make your own).  Cheesy

Minivanman
Legend

Sorry to say that plusnet hub looks rather tacky in my opinion but 'fortunately' it had not arrived when the installation was done so the BT guy stuck a Hub 5 in. The Smart Hub 2 looks interesting as I'm reading they work better with WIFI apparently which unfortunately seems to gets blamed for everything!

Welcome on board anyway. 😃

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
nufclad147
Dabbler

ahhhhhhhhhrggh just been ootbid on HH6 FTTC  on Ebay by 10p  I endeavour on. The Smarthub 2 are little out my price range for now. Yes my migration went sweet im now officially a Plusnetter So far they have done me proud lol my ability to download web pages while initiating an upload is working unlike what I was experiencing on Talktalk on the latest hubs the WiFi hub x2 an 633 model blocked ability to download while uploading  was forced to use there 6 yr old kit to fix it hence exodus. My living room window emits a glow of blue hue into the street making it look like a hooker shop even with the light setting set to (not so bright yet bright). I've set myself up with the BT sport App product at bargain price £10 which I run on  Android box to TV .The infrastructure is taking shape to my big plan. 

All I need now is these Saudi investors to take my beloved Newcastle United to the Champions league m0oo haha mo0oo hahha..  Im doing my bit lol

Alex
Community Veteran

Yep welcome, I know what eBay can be like - it does do my head in this way when you get outbid just before an auction closes. That is why I hardly use it.

You're up and running for now I take it?

On the subject of hooker shops, it reminds me of a neighbour a few doors down from my parents who decided to put a light red bulb on their outside front door light. My dad used say to them "Are you running a knock in shop" 😉

Sorry I will shut up there. Funny though.

nufclad147
Dabbler

Wow three weeks soon passes ...so far so good happy with service  Im been done proud...

Guess what YEAAAAHHH, got my BT HH6 (typeA) hubbage from FB marketplace in box plastic seal on inner hub 1 speck dust on ifor ,,wait for it ...£5 and easy setup even for a tickturd like me. Handy living semi rural near Alnwick up in Northumberland not a lot of market for people flogging kit so almost give stuff away. So I can now put the PN flamingo wannabe away in a draw knowing it is sitting their  as substitute in case of  A team system failure. That little pink legged eyesore is doing me proud for this Im warming to it .

Loving the BT app such a great price product  for shall we say not the richest lad in the world I don't mind the hour or two spent researching if the Chomecast needs set to 50hz for smoother playback I know its impressive image

So looking forward to these Champions league Europa cups in Aug an much more beyond.. Im been done proud.. have fun all my little fellow PlusNetters...

Alex
Community Veteran

Glad to see you're sorted @nufclad147 

Hopefully I won't get told off about too much about this, but the thing is one of my parents neighbours. His name was Ray and decided to put a light red bulb into his outside door light.

Dad: "Are you trying to run a knock in shop Ray?".

I laughed my head off then and even do now. Sorry everyone I will try and control myself a bit. 😁

Minivanman
Legend

@nufclad147 

Crikey, you got a bargain there mate, and 'flamingo wanabee'? 😊

I know what you mean - I described mine as looking like something out of a Barbie house and superficial I know, but what were their people thinking. Fortunately the installation guy had a BT one of the type you now have on board his van (as the pink footed PN one had not arrived) and it has worked really well for the last couple of years with my FTTP setup.

Less fortunately and for reasons to convoluted to go into here,  I am now very reluctantly having to shift back to BT when they will be fitting a Smart Hub 2.

Touch wood I'll have to problems with the switchover and apparently, these hubs work better with WIFI... but we'll see.

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
Minivanman
Legend

Edit: Touch wood I'll have no problems ... 🙂

Herman Melville
Alex
Community Veteran

Lady godiva, 5 paaannnnd. Yeah that is a bargain. Nice.

Our Hub One is round my sisters in a corner so you can't really see it. My sister is really adapt at moaning at me if there were any problems with where it was. She uses it work from home, and has not complained once about the internet. "Miracle" as Freddie Mercury once said.

Thanks PlusNet in all honesty for her not giving me any grief about her internet. 😀 

My sister not complaing about something to me is pretty unprecedented. So I am going to mess with a setup which (a) Isn't mine, and (b) I am not getting any complaints from the end user.

I think we all know how that is. 😛

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@Minivanman wrote:

... my FTTP setup.

Less fortunately and for reasons to convoluted to go into here,  I am now very reluctantly having to shift back to BT when they will be fitting a Smart Hub 2.

Touch wood I'll have to problems with the switchover and apparently, these hubs work better with WIFI... but we'll see.

@Minivanman 

I don't usually visit this board but just came across this thread again after following something else.

I presume you're moving to BT for your FTTP because you didn't manage to resolve whatever problem you were having with your connection as described over in the FTTP forum?

A shame really because you'll probably have to pay considerably more than PN charge, unless you managed to get a special deal from BT (maybe with cashback thrown in)?

If your problem turned out to be due to WiFi that could probably have been resolved satisfactorily with different/better equipment.