cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello there

shazzy101

Hello there

Just thought I'd drop in and say Hi to all. New to Plusnet, moving from TalkTalk.

Thumbs_Up

12 REPLIES 12
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Hello there

A very warm welcome to our Community @shazzy101 Smiley

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

shazzy101

Thank you, love you're avatar by the way.

Hubby will also be using forums but I can't find how to add him as user Roll_eyes

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shazzy101 - I think you'll find that @jaread83's avatar is in fact a self portrait! Grin (Sorry Jack)

shazzy101

Ha-Ha..I'm glad you said that and not me, don't want the "Royal Boot" after just joining.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The forums used to be locked down to just registered Plusnet customers but the platform has been changed and non-customers can register as the two systems are now seperate. So that means your hubby can create a new account on the community with his own email address.

https://community.plus.net/t5/user/registrationpage

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

quickbrew
Rising Star

Hi @shazzy101

I am a Plusnet newbie too. 

Glad to make your acquaintance.  😊

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity.
An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
shazzy101

Thank you, but that link doesn't allow hubby to register Sad  It just takes me to welcome page.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I don't ban anyone, don't have it in me to do that Smiley I am just the developer that makes sure the Community runs smoothly. @Anonymous, how did you know I was a giant green duck?

The mods will ban anyone who repeatedly breaks the rules but only in extreme cases and with plenty of warning via private message before it comes to that.

Be sure to read the forum rules though!

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@shazzy101 I think you'll need to sign out then go to the sign in popup and click 'New User'

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@shazzy101 - it will do that if you are logged in. You could get around this by either...

1. logging out of your account and registering
  2. opening a new 'private' session in your browser and register
  3. use another browser and register

Thats the only way to do it. I'd go with option 2 personally as it means you don't have to log out of your account and don't need to download a seperate browser application. The community is compatible on mobile/tablet too if you want to give that a try.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaread83 wrote:

@Anonymous, how did you know I was a giant green duck?

Because of the 'self portrait' it's a well known fact that ducks don't make very good painters.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hey @shazzy101

A warm welcome to the community, glad to see your hubby made it here.

If there's anything you ever need help with just let me know.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button