cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greetings

Costabunny

Greetings

Soo Here I go, I am a level 48 geekgirl with a cliche of cats, multiple techie things hooked up to the web and a long suffering husband.  Hubby is a mad flight sim guy so he too has a really nice PC and lots of airplane style controls etc.

For myself I like open world adventure/rpg games as well as good space games (I am an Elite player).  I do like many of the fps games where there is some kind of story as I rarely play online.  I have had the past six months away from gaming due to ill health.  I even sold my beloved flight controls and parked up my fleet in Elite Dangerous as one of my disabilities is progressive and will not be getting any better :(. I have decided to just live with my pain and adjust as best I can so I will be returning to my cockpit very soon.  I do need to find a Logitech/Saitek X58 pro, for now I have a lovely Xbox latest gen controller for my PC courtesy of my adorable nephew. 

Anyhow, all this leads me up to the other little fly in my ointment and that is bandwidth.  Where I live we get about 26-38mbits. That itself is actually fine for everything we do, except when hubby fires up his PC and starts a flight in that Microsoft program (if I say game I get shouted and sulked at for the remainder of the day).  Flight Simulator 2020 can use Photogrammetry, an ultra realistic looking technique for scenery and towns etc in the sim.  That feature requires 40-50mbits according to the sources.  Thats fine if I am not using the interwebs, but if I should be watching a movie or something online it often results in frustrated shouting from hubbys room as he gets a big warning that Photogrammetry is disabled due to insufficient bandwidth!

I am going to order a second Plusnet Fibre Unlimited package on Monday and for the meantime hook hubbys PC up to the current line and the rest of the network can use the new line/router combo.  This will at least mean hubby has a solo connection with 100% of its bandwidth all to himself!  Won’t he be a happy camper? Wink 

As soon as I can save up after my Saitek, I shall be looking for a new router/modem combo that can do descent link aggregation.  I am looking forward to this new challenge.  

Anyways It’s been said that I talk too much so time to post this, erm post Wink

I know why the caged bird sings...
Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Greetings

Welcome to the forum.  🙂

@Costabunny wrote:

Anyways It’s been said that I talk too much...

That's OK, as long as it's interesting - and it was.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

@Costabunny. Welcome to the madhouse.🤣🤣🤣. There is nothing wrong with a flight sim. I do prefer a train sim 👍👍👍
RaithSphere

Welcome, elite is a fun game, much better with a hotas!