Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greetings

Orwell
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Greetings

Dear all,

In my capacity as Customer Advocate, I am learning the Social Media workflow. 

Originally, I was a customer who was impressed by the service levels and, as such, joined the organisation as an employee approximately two years ago.

I am particularly experienced in Tech, Broadband and Mobile customer services.

My favourite quote is: "Big Brother is watching you".

Ken Bryant
 Plusnet Help Team
4 REPLIES 4
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Greetings

Welcome!

I spot two references to 1984 in your post Wink

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Welcome to the team @Orwell I don't get the references to 1984 but you'll make a fine addition to the team nonetheless. Just make sure you bring the social media team a round of tea's on your first day, it's customary you know. Cheesy Tongue

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi Ken,

A warm welcome to the forum space which is somewhat safer than the Big Brother Social Media space!!

@Gandalf  - with all these new joiners on the same day, you stalwarts are not going to get anything done drinking all of the tea you've invited them to make.  You need to organise a rota for the next two weeks!!

As for "1984" Jack is referring to George Orwell's novel of that name, which describes a state in which people are not allowed to have private thoughts - the state knows everything "Big Brother is Watching You" which is not significantly different to the current state of Social Media … the latter being why many of us advocate that twitface is an inappropriate space to deliver service support from.  We dangerously under-estimate the risk of communicating everything through Social Media … which then empowers the thought police (another Orwellian creation) to control what may and may not be said.

If you have not read 1984 or seen the film, you should do so … and then be fearful! 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Yay, welcome aboard 😁

I have one message only;

https://i.imgflip.com/1aidsf.jpg

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team