cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[webmail] - Roundcube

cynicalone
Dabbler

[webmail] - Roundcube

http://www.roundcube.net/ Roundcube is a very simple webmail system. It is implemented in PHP5 with LDAP and MySQL data storage. Currently its version is at 0.1.1, and it is fully open source. There is a plugin system, which should allow for enhancing the system, while it supports branding out of the box.
The interface presented is solely for the purpose of accessing email. There is no additional functionality beyond that for email and address book. However, due to its simplicity it also provides a good foundation on which to build from. There are some issues with the interface in the form of having to access junk or trash before being able to empty them, but these are not major problems. Also, thanks to its AJAX GUI it supports full drag and drop for moving emails between folders.
It is not as finished a product as Zimbra or OpenXchange, but it also doesn't require the entire email platform to be replaced. Plus, it should be quick to deploy and provide a substantial upgrade from Squirrelmail.
Edit: Fixed link - David (spraxyt)
2 REPLIES
cynicalone
Dabbler

Re: [webmail] - Roundcube

Thanks David for fixing the link. Must have been trying to get to much done while posting Smiley
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 70

Re: [webmail] - Roundcube

Hi guys,
Heads up to expect some movement on the Webmail front towards the end of this week. The plan is to offer a Roundcube install as a beta that runs alongside SquirrelMail. I'm expecting it will be accessible via a beta URL in a week or two.
My plan was to publish the URL to the various closed forums we have to begin with. Once we've allowed for initial feedback we could then publish this as a blog to the masses. Once we're comfortable all initial feedback has been taken on board we can then publish a link on the Webmail login pages.
If anybody has any suggestions on how best to launch the beta/collate feedback then I'd be more than happy to hear them.
Moving to Roundcube is only a small part of a much wider project which encompasses both architectural changes, the introduction of additional functionality and a number of improvements to the features we currently offer (spam filtering in particular). Expect to hear more about all of that over the coming months.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵